Wasted

Six...or more drinks later and I'm stumbling all around this house. I've forgotten what I'm even doing. Did I even have a motive? Who cares.

I decide to stop and go sit on the front patio. It's dark and there doesn't seem to be anyone out here; a perfect place to gather my thoughts.

I watch as a cool breeze makes the leaves on some trees rustle. It's a clear night. I can see all the stars. The moon is full. It sucks I can't really enjoy it.

I pull a cigarette out of my jacket pocket and spark it up, shakily bringing it to my lips.

How did I let everything go to shit so quickly?

My eyes start stinging as I refuse to let any new tears fall. I did this to myself...there's really no one else to blame.

I take a long drag of my cigarette and the front door opens, Fab pokes his head out and looks around.

"F-Fab?" I rub my eyes. "Is it really you?"

"Jade!" he runs over to me. "Are you okay?"

Suddenly, all the tears come out. I'm weak. "I did it."

He says nothing and sits beside me, wrapping his arms around me.

"You always show up right when I need you." I slur a little and hug him back tightly.

"I thought you weren't gonna drink tonight." he says. "I didn't."

I dodge his statement. "H-He said I'm fucked up."

"Julian did?"

I nod, flicking away my cigarette.

"Well...what did you say to him?"

"I apologised for how much of a bore I am." I manage to explain between weak sobs. "Then I t-told him to go back to this girl he was talking to."

"I'm sorry, Jade." he sighs, shaking his head. "Want me to take you home?"

"No." I refuse. "You have to play soon."

Fab shrugs. "I'm sure they'll survive without me."

"Drums are pretty much the most important thing in a band!" I protest. "Go!"

"I beg to differ." he stands up, pulling me up with him. "Let's go. I'm sure someone else at that party knows how to drum."

I take a few wobbly steps until Fab snakes his arm around my waist. I thank him as he walks me to the sidewalk and hails a cab.

"Are you sure you wanna ditch just to take me home?" I ask, feeling incredibly guilty.

"Positive."

"I love you so much." I hug Fab again, earning a laugh from him.

"Man, you're wasted."

"I'm sorry." I sigh. "Everything hurts. I'm such an idiot."

"Well, now you don't have to worry about pleasing anyone?" he says with an unsure look. "You could look at it that way."

I nod as the cab pulls up. We both sit in the back and I rest my head on Fab's shoulder.

"Fab, I'm gonna go back to school." I tell him.

He looks at me in disbelief. "What?!"

"It'll just make everything easier."

"You're drunk, okay?" Fab sighs. "Now's not a good time to be making decisions like that."

I groan, closing my eyes and nuzzling into him. "Okay..."

Twenty minutes later, we make it back to the apartment. Fab assists me inside and into my room, where he sits on the end of the bed and asks if I need anything.

"No thanks." I reply, crawling under the covers.

"Goodnight." he gently kisses me on the forehead and starts to walk out.

"Wait!" I stop him. "Could you...could you stay here tonight?"

He pauses. "I..."

"Please?" I lift the covers up.

"Sure." he softly smiles and joins me in bed.

"Thank you." I close my eyes, cuddling up to him. "Is this weird?"

"No, why would it be?"

"I dunno." I yawn. "Do you think Julian hates me?"

"I think if he's hating anyone, it's gonna be me." says Fab as he lets out a soft chuckle. "He's really serious about our band. One time I didn't show up for practise and he gave me the silent treatment for three days."

"You should've stayed at the party." I shake my head. "I'm sorry, Fab."

"Jade, it's cool. Trust me." he reaches over to turn off the lamp. "Night."

"Goodnight."