|Chapter 3|

Enjoy ☺

○•○•○•○

Gia padded down the stairs and saw Jane and Lyana talking in hushed tones, yet being starkly conspicuous.

"What if he picks me Jane? I don't know what I'll do!" Lyana whispered. Her usual spotless face was puffy and red from crying a little while ago.

"Yeah right." Jane scoffed in response. "Take a look in the mirror. You're an emotional trainwreck waiting to happen. That man out there is an Alpha. The Alpha. He will sense that and kaboom!"

Lyana's eyes perked up instantly transforming her features into a softer appeal. She was exceptionally pretty and Jane was all too aware of that. She always made digs at Lyana just to make her feel bad. Although this time Jane had unknowingly made Lyana feel a bit better despite her harsh words.

Both Jane and Lyana stiffened and their conversation dropped dead. Being werewolves they hadn't noticed Gia despite her presence for at least a few seconds.

Gia smiled nervously.

"Eavesdropping is considered rude Gia." Jane spat. "And I see you haven't bothered to wear something nice. See Lyana, even the dumb girl knows the Alpha won't choose her."

"Please Jane, stop teasing her," Lyana defended. "If you really are a snob then Alpha Andrew will sense that too."

Jane winked at Gia mischievously while Gia managed a half-hearted tug at her lips.

"The Alpha has arrived right?" Gia signed.

"Yup. We'll go when we are called for."

Lyana saw Gia's hands shaking like a leaf in the wind.

Taking one hand, she spoke, "I'm scared too."

"That makes two of us. I think Jane is intent on leaving with Alpha Andrew tonight."

A light chuckle erupted from Lyana.

Since only Lyana had taken the initiative to learn sign language in the whole pack, the joke stayed between Gia and Lyana only. Jane shot glares at the two.

"Okay. Come now girls, Alpha Andrew wants to see you." Vivienne said positively shaky and nervous. She gave Gia a thorough scrutinised scan and shook her head disapprovingly. "Do not embarrass us." She added.

Lyana nodded at Gia, her eyes shining with warmth. "Let's go."

The trio, each with their head full of emotions walked towards the lounge area.