|Chapter 4|

A tad longer than the usual chapters.😊

○•○•○•○

Gideon inhaled sharply. The air around his head was charged with tangible emotion. His eyes got drawn towards the form of the blue-eyed girl. She wasn't incredibly beautiful but she did have a lovely sort of face. He liked that.

Most of all, he liked her eyes. A delightful shade of blue that was something in between sapphire and sea green. Never before had he gazed upon such beautiful eyes.

Gideon and Sam got to their feet as Ned walked over to the newly arrived company. Blending into the background the lady, Vivienne made herself scarce.

"These are the girls Alpha Andrew," Ned began. "This is Lyana. Jane. And this is Gia."

Gideon could sense a bitter undermining sentiment when the Beta introduced Gia. So the blue-eyed girl was Gia. He tasted the name on his tongue and decided he quite liked it.

He allowed his attention to linger on Gia a little longer before he switched his focus on the other two girls.

The girl, Jane looked too eager for her own good. Unnaturally thick waves of expensive perfume radiated off of her. Gideon took a light step back.

And Lyana looked as though she would rather be anywhere than here, in front of him. Out of the three, she was the most beautiful. Almond shaped eyes fitted in an oval face and lush golden curls restrained in a bun.

But the fat layer of make-up stuck to her face marred her effortless beauty. That brought him to Gia.

A head shorter than Jane and Lyana, Gia was small and petite. When he saw the clasped hands Gideon knew she was nervous. Scared even.

His reputation wasn't exactly sunshine and rainbows. A wry smile took hold of his lips.

White creamy skin blushed furiously underneath his attention.

"And her?" Gideon inquired, his eyes never leaving Gia.

"She's a mute. Not much of a fighter. She is weak Alpha Andrew." Ned answered critically.

A sudden sense of protectiveness clawed at his insides, when he saw Gia flinch at the Beta's description of her. He acted on impulse.

"I want her."

He saw Gia's eyes widen as his words sunk in. She was genuinely surprised.

For some reason that irked his pride. Though she was a plain beauty he definitely hadn't made a mistake. He didn't believe in a greater power but he did believe in physical attractiveness and there was precisely that between him and Gia.

He couldn't and didn't care what the world thought of that. He wanted something so he made it a point to achieve it. And right now he wanted her.

"I have to return to the Pack house before midnight. Have her pack all that is needed. We'll leave in 10 minutes."

"B-but Alpha are you sure you want Gia? As your mate?" Ned didn't disguise his shock.

With an eroding patience Gideon growled. "Do I look unsure Ned? I expect her to leave with me in no less than 10 minutes."

"Yes Alpha Andrew."

Sam who was observing everything in his usual silence, tapped Gideon's shoulder.

"Can we talk? Outside."

Gideon nodded and Sam made an exit through the door. After checking on Gia who was already climbing up the stairs, he followed Sam outside.