Chapter 1: The 'Dream'

~In The Dream~

Shepard stood at the Galexy map on the Normandy. He looked around, this was the Normandy SR-1! 'Wait.' Thought Shepard. 'The Normandy blew up, has that not happened yet? Can I warn them?' Questioned himself. He walked around, but this time not like he did before the attack. He examined everyone. But then he slapped himself, the other's not noticing. And he felt it! 'Ow, wait this ain't a dream?!' He was now shocked. He looked around the Normandy, but when he got down to the Crew's Cabin's he walked into the bathroom and looked in the mirror. Nothing, he wasn't there. He looked at his hands, nothing, he couldn't see his hands. He was to busy examining the ship to notice, he walked over to a console and he saw himself! Dressed in armour and typing at the console in front of him. He looked behind him and Tali was walking fast towards him, with a data pad in her right hand.

"Shepard, hello?" Tali questioned when she got no response.

"Oh sorry, just making sure the Normandy's repairs came intact." Shepard responded.

"Okay." Tali nodded. "Well I have some more updates ready for the Normandy's systems, if you want to look at them, just come find me down in Engineering." Tali offered.

"Sure thing." Shepard responded.

Tali nodded and walked away, he could kind of tell she had a smile on her face. But the main question is: how could they not see him?! He was standing right in front of them. This was the weirdest dream he had ever had. Tali had left, and the other Shepard still sat there typing at the console. He heard Joker come over the intercon.

"Emergency! Emergency! The ship is under attack!" Joker warned with complete fright.

Shepard looked over and part of the wall suddenly busted open, and people ran and scattered away. He looked over and Ashley came running to Shepard.

"Shepard!" Ashley yelled.

"Distress Beacon is ready for launch." Shepard responded.

"Will the Alliance get here in time?" Ashley questioned.

"I'm not doing this so they can find our frozen corpses. Get everyone onto the escape shuttles." Shepard angrily responded.

"Joker's still in the cockpit he won't abandon ship, I'm not leaving either." Ashley threatened.

"I need you to get everyone onto the escape shuttles, I'll take care of Joker." Shepard tried to convince Ashley.

"Commander." Ashley said with worry and guilt.

"Ashley go, now." Shepard ordered calmly.

"Aye aye." Ashley responded.

Ashley went running, and the other Shepard hit a button then went running to the cockpit, Shepard followed him.

"Joker we have to get out of here!" Shepard stated

"No, I won't abandon the Normandy I can still save her!" Joker yelled.

"The Normandy's lost, going down with the ship won't change that." Shepard convinced Joker

"Yeah okay, help me up." Joker nodded.

The strange ship was coming back for another attack. And Shepard remembered all of this, and he said all the same thing's to! Was this a memory? Or a vision?

"Their coming around for another attack!" Warned Joker.

The Collector's struck just outside the doorway to the cockpit. Shepard grabbed Joker and they ran to the shuttle. Shepard just stood there and watched, what would happen if he isn't really here?' Would he die again? But, it's a dream, not real life. So he would just wake up, right? The Normandy blew up in front of him, and he woke up in his bed, aboard the Normandy SR-2.