Chapter 3: The Theif

John had just finished the last of the Mech on Reana. This damn theif better be worth it. Tali walked over to him. She rested her head on his shoulder and leaned herself into him. For some reason he always felt calm, safe, maybe even a little comfortable with Tali not only pressed against him. But sometimes even just talking to her! She pulled herself tighter into his side. He could feel her small frame wrapped around him.

     "Shepard, are you okay? You haven't been acting like yourself after...you-know." She replied her last words in a whisper. They rang out in his ears. 'You-know' were clearly words referring to their intamite experience with each other no more then a few days ago. Their intamite act was something Shepard felt necessary. And he was sure Tali did too. Tali cleared her throat. Cleary expecting an answer. The sudden sound clearly knocked him out of his thoughts.

     "Oh, sorry. I was just...well...I was...uhh." Tali smiled behind her mask and blushed again. "Thinking of my ass are you?" She managed out a giggle and Shepard struck a look of guilt towards the angel next to him. "Oh no. Don't tell me you actually were thinking of my ass?!" He smiled again and shot a look towards her. He actually was in some part of the back of his mind. Still...fun to tease her. He rolled his eyes and spoke. "Maybe." She slapped him in the chest. They heard a chuckle behind them. They both turned to come face-to-face with a Turian.

     "Will you two shut it or get a room please?" He managed out another chuckle of laughter. The Quarian figure next to John managed out a small, cute, alien sounding, giggle. "You of all people should know we are past those...silly terms." Garrus just shot her a look of confusion. "Well, Tali. With the way things sounded the other night...I don't think that matters to you guys." Tali felt the blood drain from her face. He knew?! Shepard shook Tali...she didn't respond. He gave Garrus a death glare. Then, he laughed. "Great! You broke her! Good going, Garrus." Tali looked at Shepard...repeating the same death glare he shot Garrus a second ago. "He didn't break me. Although, you thought so. I don't find it very funny." They all laughed before heading inside a room nearby.

===================================================

     Kasumi pased back and forth. God their slow as hell. Are they even coming? And with that thought the door flew open. Kasumi turned around to find a human male. Welcomed by a Turian. Predictable. And a...Quarian? Oh, god. He brought a suit-rat. What now, a Krogan? Kasumi hated Quarians and Krogan. As well as Drell. She never got their purpose. Yet, their place. She walked towards the infamous commander. "Well, took you long enough. Now where we headed?" Shepard raised an eyebrow at her. Clearly not stated by her quick proceeding. If anything he would have called her a Salarian by heart. "Slow down, Kasumi. Don't be a Salarian. I already have one on my ship." Kasumi chuckled. "Not happening. I see you brought...company."

     Tali gasped, clearly insulted. The theif had gestued with her right hand towards Tali when she said company. Shepard folded his arms. Frustrated with the theif standing not but about 5 feet in front of him. Garrus shot her a death glare. "Seriously? Do you have a problem with Quarians or something?" Kasumi growled. "No. I have a huge problem with Quarians. Thanks for asking." Garrus sighed. "You deal with her. I'm not gonna tolerate this." And with that sentence, the Turian left the room. Leaving the Quarian with Shepard and this boasting Human name Kasumi. "See? Even the Turian can't stand being around a Quarian!" Tali gasped. More audible this time. She pointed her finger at the woman's face.

     "Look. I don't know who you are, or why your insulting me-" Kasumi cut Tali off on her sentence. "Oh, I insulted you?! I'm so sorry! Let me make it better!" Tali stepped back. For Kasumi looked as if she was ready to punch the poor girl. "Look, suit-rat! I don't care who you are! I don't care your value! Because you have seen nothing! You don't know pain like I do!" Tali stepped up. "I don't know pain?! I almost died when I was just 22! My mother died when I was just a girl! My father never hung out with me!! I'm forced to wear a suit!! No one even knows what I look like!! People blame me!! They taunt me!! They yell at me!!! I was charged for treason on something I didn't even do!!! My father is-" Kasumi raged with anger. She cut her off with a harsh statement. "What?! Dead?! No one cares about you or your goddamned family!!!"

     Tali gasped. Tears welded in her eyes. "Y-you...you don't have the right!!!" She stormed out of the room. Shepard reached a hand towards her."Tali! Tali! Fuck...Garrus!" Kasumi stood there. She felt slightly guilty. She walked up to Shepard. "Look, I'm sorry. I-I...I had a bad day, today. I had a run-in on one of my assignments. I didn't mean it. I'm sorry." Shepard shot her a look of guilt. "It's fine. Well, come on." They ran after Tali. Garrus following close behind. Tali was sitting on a crate a few rooms away. Crying her eyes out. Kasumi and Garrus stayed behind a few rooms back. Shepard walked into the room. Tali pulled her pistol with her left hand and aimed it at the door. She spotted Shepard and dropped it. She fell onto the crate again. "Oh, it's you. Sorry. I was a little on edge." Shepard sat next to her. He wrapped his arms around the girl and hugged her tightly. She hugged him weakly.

===================================================

     A few moments later the door opened. Garrus and Kasumi looked surprised. Tali and Shepard came walking through the door. Tali walked to Kasumi. "I'm sorry. I get on edge when people bring up stuff about my family. I'm really sorry." Kasumi smiled. "No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have yelled. Today's been kind of shitty. Because. I had a run in on one of my assignments earlier, it didn't end well."

     Tali rested her left hand on Kasumi's shoulder. "It's okay. Come on. We need you to help us." She motioned towards Shepard. The Soldier cleared his throat. "We're going against the Reapers. It's basically a suicide mission, but-" Tali cut him off. "It's really important. The whole universe is counting on us to destroy them. Especially Earth." Tali looked towards Shepard. "Sorry." He put his hand on her arm, close to her shoulder. "Hey, your okay." Kasumi chuckled. "Are you too, you know, close or something?" Tali's eyes widened. She felt her cheeks heat up. Kasumi looked shocked. Like she saw a Krogan and Salarian in a relationship. "Y-your helmet!" Tali was blushing. Shepard was smiling at Tali. Garrus chuckled. Tali spoke up. "Y-yeah. W-when we b-blush w-we don't t-turn a diff-different c-color. W-we glow." Kasumi put her right hand on the side of her helmet. "That's fascinating. Your gonna have to talk to me later about that." Kasumi ended her request with a wink. Tali's face glowed more. Kasumi broke out laughing. Tali's face had said it all. Though they couldn't see it. They knew she currently had a priceless expression.

~Stay Tuned For Chapter 4: Traitors~
Sorry If It Was Boring To Read