Request - Tommen Baratheon "I fell in love the way you fall asleep."

Your father had always said that you were special. He had promised that the world would be yours, that all your dreams would come true and that no one in the entire realm would be happier than you.

As a young child you had always believed him. You had believed the fairytales, the promises, the stories. But when you had started to grow older, you had realized that Westeros wasn't a place for happily ever afters, that Westeros wasn't a realm where dreams came true.

And one day, when the larks were singing their song in the last light of the summer, your father had walked into your room to tell you that you were going to get married. He had found the perfect partner for his perfect daughter. He had found a way to give you everything he had promised and even more.

Instead of being happy, you had been afraid. You had heard the stories, told by girls who had been forced to marry someone they had never grow to love. You had heard them whisper about the things they had to do to get the tiniest little bit of affection. You had seen the bruises on their delicate skin and you had dried the tears they had cried over the dreams that were gone forever.

"Goodmorning, sunshine." Tommen turned from one side to the other and he placed his hand on your stomach. His hands were always warm and tender and you felt your lips curling up into a smile.

Your fear had disappeared the moment you had met him. Although you had never imagined that your father would actually be able to betroth you to a young king, he had been everything you had hoped a man would be.

He had been kind and gentle. He had kissed the knuckles of your hand and he had asked you more than a thousand times if everything was fine, if you were okay, if you were happy. He had been patient and calm, realizing that it took time to get used to the palace, to get used to his hands touching your body, to get used to your obligations and possibilities.

"Goodmorning, love." You whispered and you opened your eyes. The last couple of days you had realized that you had started to feel more than just the absence of fear. "Do you think it would be possible to spend some extra time together today?" You placed your hand on his naked chest.

"Of course! What would you like to do?" He cocked his head a little and you pushed yourself up. His hair seemed almost gold in the early morning sun. His eyes were filled with dancing little lights.

"Something. Anything. As long as it's with you." You stared at him and you saw him staring back at you. "I fell in love." The sentence escaped your lips before you could even realize it and your cheeks heated up a little.

"I do hope you mean that you've fallen in love with me?" Tommen whispered, as if he was afraid that you would crush the little bit of hope that filled his heart with your next sentence.

You nodded. "I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once." While your finger drew circles on his pale skin, you saw his breathing fastening. When you placed the palm of your hand on his heart, you could feel it beating steadily.

"You're not the only one." Tommen eventually said and he carefully placed his hand in your neck while he sat up to kiss your lips. "I promise, you're not the only one."