Request - Tommen Baratheon "No one is ever ready for anything"

Tommen was shaking a little. His lips formed a straight line and he kept on staring at himself in the mirror. He was wearing the most expensive and most handsome outfit he had ever worn and even his hair had been done for the occasion.

"You look wonderful." You stood behind him and you placed your hands on his shoulders. "If I had not been in love with you already, I would have fallen in love with you right now."

For the first time today Tommen showed a hint of a smile. He took another deep breath before he turned around. "I am too young to become king." He avoided your glance. It wasn't the first time he started this discussion and he knew your point of view on it. "I am not ready for this." He shook his head and you rolled your eyes.

"No one is ever ready for anything." You shrugged your shoulders and you stared at the young man, because he was barely a boy anymore, in front of you. "And the people who think they are ready for something are the least ready of everyone." You smiled a little and you placed your hands on his chest. "At least you know you're not ready."

"Everyone knows I'm not ready!" He raised his voice a little and he shook his head. He had his fingers curled up and sweat covered his forehead. "I know that my brother was no good king, but I am not sure if I can be a better king."

"Come on, Tommen." You laughed and you pulled him a little closer towards you. "I don't think it's that hard to be a better king that your brother. It's not about going to war or making new laws. As long as you treat the citizens in your kingdom better than he did, you are already on the right track."

"You can say that I should simply not kill everyone I don't like. I'm not my brother and it's simply stating a fact." He shifted his weight from one leg to the other. "I won't be offended if someone would call him a monster, I think."

"And you're not a monster. I don't even think you have the slightest idea how to be a monster." Your nose brushed his and you took a deep breath. "Apart from that, I don't think you need to worry about things like wars and laws. Your mother will be happily making all those decisions for you. The only thing you need to do is sign all the things she thinks will be good for Westeros."

"Basically my mother will be ruling the kingdom." Tommen sighed and he placed his hands on your hips. His eyelid was trembling a little and the vein in his neck was visibly beating.

"You say that like that will be a bad thing?" You cocked your head slightly and you pressed your lips on his. "This kingdom needs a king and therefore you are put on the throne. It is totally okay to let your mother rule the kingdom, if that makes you feel less stressed."

"Right now I'm already stressed about making it through the crowing ceremony." Tommen avoided your glance for a moment. He seemed absentmindedly when he pressed a kiss on your cheek as if he was not paying attention to where your mouth was.

"Luckily you won't have to do that on your own. I will be there too and I won't be out of sight for a second, I promise." You leaned on the tips of your toes and you placed a hand on his cheek to force him to look back at you. "And if you ever want to rule the kingdom yourself, I will be there to support you too."

"Thank you." Tommen whispered and this time he really kissed you back.