Tommen Baratheon - "I'll be here as long as it takes"

You had heard the horrible stories about the war. You had heard about the slaughter. You had heard about what they did to women. You had heard what had happened to the mad King and his entire army. You had not thought that one day you would end up in the middle of a war yourself. You had not thought that one day you would run through King's Landing, all those horrible stories echoing in the back of your mind.

"(Y/N)!" A firm hand grabbed yours. "Come with me. I know a safe place." His gold blond hair was glimmering in the moonlight. He was barely older than you were and the fear that raced through your veins reflected in his eyes.

"They're fighting..." You almost tripped over your own feet while you tried to follow Tommen through the empty streets.

"I know." Tommen spoke softly before he turned a few more corners. He clearly knew this city better than anyone. He clearly knew this city a lot better than you did. "I won't let anything happen to you, I promise." He turned a few more corners and then he pushed the door of a small, almost hidden house open.

The door squeaked a little and the dust on the floor and the dirt on the windows proved that no one had been here for a very long time.

"Are we allowed to be here?" Your voice was still trembling. Even though the fight has not gotten past the gates yet, you could still hear the screams, the sound of clashing swords, explosions of who knew what.

"Myrella and I always played hide and seek here. I promise that no one has ever noticed and I promise that no one will find us here." Tommen closed the door behind him and once again it squeaked loudly.

"The neighbors will notice that someone's here..." You looked around. You were surrounded by darkness and your knees were trembling while you tried to find a seat to sit down.

"The neighbors are as afraid as we are." Tommen walked towards the wall and a few seconds later he had lighted a torch. "Everyone is as afraid as we are." He nodded at you. "Come, there is a hidden cellar here. We can hide there." He grabbed your hand again and he opened a few more doors and crossed a few more rooms. Eventually he kneeled down in the kitchen and he lifted one of the ripped and damaged rugs up.

"We're going in there?" You almost held your breath, but Tommen opened a wooden hatch. You saw endlessly long stone stairs circling down into nowhere and you stepped back while letting his hand go. "I..." You couldn't talk, couldn't speak. It was as if someone had his hand around your throat, making it almost impossible to breath, to move.

"I'm with you and I promise that nothing will happen to you." Tommen spoke softly and he pushed himself up while he held out his hand to grab yours again. "I'll be here as long as it takes. I promise. I'm not going anywhere until I know for sure it's safe again." He leaned towards you and you felt his soft lips brushing yours. "You can trust me. I will protect you. I promise."

You hesitated for one more second and then you heard another scream and another explosion. "Ok..." You nodded and slowly, step for step, you started to walk down the stairs, your hand firmly holding his.