Request - Tommen Baratheon "Once Upon A Time"

Tommen took a few deep breaths. The fingers of his hands were curled up and all his muscles were tensed. He was nervous, more nervous than he had ever been before. And he wasn't even sure which part of what he was going to do was making him the most nervous. Sneaking into the sept or seeing you again.

The sept in front of him almost touched the white clouds above it. Once this had been a safe place, a place where everything was fine, where war didn't exist, where there had been nothing but love. Now the place was nothing but a beautiful build prison for a girl that didn't deserve to be there.

You were only in there because you were a Stark. You were only in there because your twin-brother had gone missing and had shown some signs of magical abilities. You were only in there because Tommen loved you more than he was allowed to love you.

He didn't even know if you were still capable of loving him. He didn't even know if you were still in love with him. He could imagine you weren't. He could imagine that after everything that had happened, after everything his mother and the High Sparrow had done you couldn't look at him anymore the same way you had once done.

You had been his best friend. You had been that one person understanding that it wasn't easy being him. You had been that one person that could make him smile even though he was crying. You had been that one person who could be a lover and a best friend at the same time.

He owed you something. He owed you everything. He looked up at the huge building once more and he gathered all his strength and all his courage. He had heard countless stories about how to do this. If so many people could do it without a proper reason, he would be able to do it for the girl he loved.

The wooden floor was cracking under his moving feet. All doors squeaked when he opened and closed them. Even the cold stone walls seemed to make a vaguely hearable sound.

He looked over his shoulder constantly. He ran on the tips of his toes. He felt the panic and the fear running through his veins, but eventually he stood still in front of the door of your cell. "(Y/N)?" He whispered your name before he removed the wooden bar blocking your way out.

"Tommen?" Your voice was barely hearable. Your hair was covered in mud. Your skin was hidden behind the dirt. Your clothes were not fully covering the parts of your body Tommen had only hoped to see after your marriage day. "What are you doing here?"

Tommen pressed a finger to his lips and carefully he lifted you of the cold and wet floor. "I'm here to do what I should have done a lot sooner." He pressed your body as tight to his chest as possible and without closing the door of your cell behind him, he walked back the way he had sneaked in.

"They'll lock you up too..." You had your eyes closed and your hands were holding on tight to his shirt. "They don't care if you're a king. They'll lock you up and they'll punish you."

"Let them." Tommen opened the last door through which he had come in and as soon as he reached the fresh air again he ran towards a small and hidden path leading to a safe and secret place even his mother and the High Sparrow wouldn't be able to find. "As long as you're safe, I can handle everything."

"But I can't if I don't know if you're safe..." You breathed heavily. "Can't you stay with me?"

"Would you want me to?" A smile spread across Tommen's face and you nodded. "Then I'll stay with you."