Hello Crucible

I've never been so thankful for winter break before. I have two weeks free of kids, I love them, don't get me wrong, but Jesus Christ, they can be brats sometimes, I teach high schoolers, mostly Seniors.
I reluctantly roll out of bed pushing my hair out of my face, and begin getting ready for the day. After my shower I get dressed in a black sweater some black skinny jeans, my favorite part of black boots and a beanie, I change my skin color plugs to black ones with little white crosses in them and call it good I hardly wear makeup but if I do it's simply mascara and top liner. I grab my phone seeing Ricky texted me before I woke up.
"Good morning, Crucible" it says and I smile.
"Morning Mr. Horror" I reply sliding my phone into my pocket. We talk casually about where to meet for coffee before deciding to go to the one just a few blocks away from me, it appears Ricky and I live fairly close to each other within a block or two, how we never met before is a wonder to me. I get in my car and drive over to the coffee shop while the snow falls softly creating a beautiful white blanket over the ground most places untouched as it must've started early this morning.
As I park I see Ricky getting out of his car looking around I push the button on my center console turning the engine off. I get out and lock my doors, it's a habit,
"Crucible!" I hear Ricky call and I turn towards him looking away from my car, can't help it it's beautiful Ricky joins me standing next to my car,"shit Salem"
"What?" I ask looking at him.
"You act like its so casual to pull up in an almost fifty-thousand dollar car," he says not looking away from it.
"It was fifty," I mutter.
"What?" He asks looking at me I shake my head," someone is taking really good care of you aren't they?"
Ha! The best thing he ever did was leave.
"I guess," I shrug.
"If you're boyfriend could hear you now," he laughs.
"He'd tell me I'm an ungrateful bitch that uses him for his money, which he doesn't have," I scoff rolling my eyes.
"Oh, I didn't know it was like that I'm sorry Salem.." Ricky trails off.
"It's fine, lets go get coffee and you can tell me about yourself," I smile leading the way inside.
"I'm pretty much an open book, you on the other hand." He says stepping in front of me to hold the door open,"you look as if you need someone to vent too,"
I smile at him,"thank you, and no I don't he left us and that's all I care to acknowledge,"
Ricky looks confused and it dawns on me he doesn't know about Lucian.
Waiting in line I see a few of my students and quickly look away, silently wishing they don't recognize me.
"Ms. Manson, you're not a vampire holy shit," a girl named Cat says walking up to me
"Nice if anything if be a witch," I say with a polite smile.
"Who's this? Your boyfriend?" She asks instantly looking Ricky up and down with judging eyes.
"Just a friend." Ricky says pushing his hair out of his face nervously licking his lip rings.
"He's hot nice catch Manson," Cat whisper yells causing Ricky to smile and me to blush.
Cat says her goodbyes and leaves.
"Who was that?" Ricky asks his hands now hidden in his jacket.
"One of my students," I say.
"You're a teacher?" He asks raising an eyebrow, I nod and I swear I hear him mumble "hot" under his breath.
"What?" I ask.
"Nothing, does it ever scare you that you're practically in charge of the intelligence of the next generation?" He asks, I shake my head.
"These kids are pretty smart actually, and I teach an elective so I deal more with their social skills than their intelligence, I teach Sociology and Psychology, and ACT prep," I say he nods.
"So you could potentially gauge what college they get into, simply based on their efforts in your class?" He asks I nod.
"Something like that," I smile.
"Sounds boring no offense," he smirks.
"Well we can't all me rockstars," I say.
"I'm not even a rockstar yet," he laughs, and it's the most magical thing I think I've ever heard. As we get to the counter I order my usual, a large coffee with a shot of espresso, four creams and three sugars, and I wait as Ricky orders his coffee, before I start reaching into my purse to pay for our coffees.
"I invited you out for coffee you don't have to pay for it," Ricky laughs pulling his wallet from his back pocket and I tap my phone on the card reader, thanks Apple Pay. The girl hands Ricky the receipt and our coffees, and we make our way to a booth by the window, so I can watch the snow fall.
"So Crucible tell me about yourself," Ricky says pulling my attention away from the gentle snowfall.
"Well I'm a teacher as you figured out, I've been married and divorced, that's about it" I shrug.
"Okay what was the last song you listened to?" He asks.
"Whore" I say
"In this Moment?" He asks I nod," nice"
"What was yours?" I ask.
"Don't laugh, it was Mirrors," he says a sly grin on his lips.
"You're a JT fan?" I ask he shrugs.
"What is one thing you would change about your past?" He ask taking a sip of his coffee, I don't even think about the question I just watch the look of satisfaction on his face as he takes the first sip of his coffee. Mentally making a note of how he seems to enjoy little things like a good cup of coffee. I smile.
"Not a damn thing," I say,"I learned a lot from it, and it's made me a better person"
Now he smiles,"what was the last book you read?"
"You're Making Me Hate You," I say.
"Great book," he says.
And just talk about everything from there, and I hope that this becomes a reoccurring event.
We talk until my mom calls me saying that Lucian has been calling for me.
"Sorry about that, but I have to go soon," I say.
"I'll walk you to your car," he says standing offering his hand for me to take, I do and stand myself, Ricky pushes in our chairs and again holds the door open for me, before joining me at my side walking to my car.
"We'll need to do this again," I say stopping at my door.
"Absolutely, we're taking some time off to write the next record, we really want to push ourselves and see what we can create next," he says this look of pure excitement takes over his features, I've never met someone who loved what they do so much.
"Hey if you don't mind me asking, who's Lucian?" He ask shyly.
"My son," I say he looks surprised.
"If he's anything like you, I'd love to meet him one day" he says. I nod.
"We'll talk about that," I say before getting in my car I roll the window down,"Text me when you get home okay?"
"I will," he says flashing a smile at me before walking to his car I roll my window up and head to my parents house, and as soon as I open their front door Lucian is running at me his little arms out stretched for me to pick him up, I do without hesitation I spin us around kissing all over his face.
"I missed you so much baby!" I say,"did you have fun grandma and grandpa?"
And he starts his little baby babble telling me all about whatever it is they did, probably just watch the nightmare before Christmas or scooby doo like usual. I gather his diaper bag and move his car seat back into my car before slipping his coat and beanie on him and taking him home for dinner and more movies.
"I made it home sorry Crucible, I almost forgot" my phone reads.
"You're alright, Mr. Horror, thanks for letting me know you made it home safely" and through a mistype I sent a Purple Heart emoji. To which he returned along with the coffin one. My heart flutters, this man will be the death of me.