You Deserve The World

Salem•

Ricky invited Lucian and I to a band Barbecue, to celebrate the wrapping up of the new album that they've been working super hard on. I've heard parts of it and the Motionless fan side of me has died and went to fan girl heaven.
We pull into Chris' driveway behind Ryan-Ashley's car.
"As always don't let them pick on you." Ricky says he seems kind of off.
" I won't, are you okay Ricky?" I ask he just nods before getting out of the car. He  gets Lucian and we walk inside, the silence between Ricky and I is filled with the laughter of the band and their girlfriends/wives, and the many other friends who were invited over.
"Salem!" Ryan-Ashley shouts over the commotion of the guys playing the latest NHL game.
I smile and step into her awaiting arms.
"So are you going to come work with me until you find your next teaching job?" She asks.
"I don't know, probably,"I smile.
"It'll be so nice to have someone else in the parlor with me," she says as we sit down on the couch. Lucian gets down from Ricky's arms and sits in Balz's lap watching the older guys play.
"They're all surprisingly good with kids," Ryan says I nod in agreement thinking about how quickly Ricky and Lucian became inseparable.
We just talk and play games for a while before Chris goes to light the grill.
"So has Ricky asked you out yet?" Vinny says turning towards me.
I look at Ricky, and he looks away from me before standing up and walking away.
"No," I say looking back to Vinny,"was he planning on it?"
"I don't know he's only been crushing on you since you met," he says,"but if he's not going to ask you out, I know someone who would,"
"Vinny I'm not really looking for a relationship, but thanks," I say,"but I better go check on my best friend, Ry do you mind?"
Ryan Shakes his head and reaches for Lucian who practically jumps out of my arms towards him. I follow the direction Ricky walked until I get to the front porch where he's sitting on the steps looking out at the traffic that occasionally passes by. I sit next to him and he doesn't look at me.
"Ricky," I say finally nudging him, he looks over at me and smiles before looking back to the street before us,"are you okay? You've been acting weird"
"Yeah someone said something that bothered me, and it has no reason to bother me," he says,"it's just frustrating,"
"We'll tell me," I say leaning over my knees so I can see his face. He sighs and looks over at me so I sit up straight.
"They said that if I didn't- never mind it's too complicated," he says changing the subject again.
If I didn't love his guy I'd probably never talk to him again honestly he never gets to the point.
"Ricky just tell me, I'll try my best to follow along," I say he looks so uncomfortable, right now.
"It's not a tell you kind of things it's more of s you show you kind of thing," he says.
"Then show me?" I say as sarcastically as I can. Without another word Ricky leans forward and presses his lips to mine, and I kiss back without much hesitation. Much too soon Ricky pulls away and I just stare at him.
"You can flee for your life now if you want." He says looking away from me.
"Why would I do that?" I ask.
"Because it's me," he says,"what do I have to offer you? Months of loneliness and fans that will never accept you, and constantly hate on you and Lucian. You don't deserve that you deserve the world and I can't give it to you,"
"Ricky, stop, you're amazing, and you make me so happy, you have a lot to offer, and Lucian loves you, any girl would be lucky to have a man like you in their life," I say rolling my eyes.
He laughs,"I just- I know you deserve more than I could ever give you,"
"You says you can't try?" I ask smiling at him,"besides what makes you think you could handle all of this?"
"I have been for almost a year now," he says  winking at me,
"Then what are you afraid of? Your fans? Failure? Because your fans will get over it, and every chance you don't take is an automatic failure," I say and start to say more but Ricky kisses me again this time pulling me into his arms wrapping one around my waist, while the other tangles itself in my hair holding me against him, do I even need to tell you that I kissed back? No great because I did mimicking his actions.
I pull away this time,"So, what does this mean?"
"I don't know, I just know I had to kiss you again before you decided to hate me," he says.
"I don't hate you, I've actually had the biggest crush on you," I say.
"Wait you like me?" He ask like he doesn't believe me.
"Well duh, dumbass, I wouldn't have kissed you if I didn't," I tell him rolling my eyes.
"You'd be the first," he mutters before speaking up,"So you like me, I like you, what are we gonna do?"
"Um date?" I ask sarcastically.
"Well be my girlfriend?" He asks.
"Not until you can come up with a sweeter way," I laugh,"you're a hopeless romantic you'll figure it out"
With that I stand up and walk inside Ryan-Ashley smiles at me.
"Tell me everything," she says I probably gave it away that something happened because I haven't stopped smiling.