Chapter 26: Birthday Gifts

A/N: Hello peoples, this time Danny is joining me.

Danny: Clockwork said this was a bad idea

Me: Be quiet you

Danny: No, you're making me look evil

Me: I AM THE WRITER I DO AS I PLEASE! Anyways I'm so happy for all the love my story has gotten up to this point, thanks to all of you :)

Danny: Ugh can we get on with the chapter already? I want to go

Me: Fine, jeez you're even worse than Clocky

Clockwork: *Enters through a time portal* Don't call me that!

Me: AHHH!

Danny's POV

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock beeping. I placed a pillow over my head, hoping to drown out the sound. "Danny? Are you up yet?" I heard my mom call. I groaned and slammed my hand down on the snooze button. Thanks to my training session with Vizier I had barely gotten any sleep.

I crawled out of bed and quickly got dressed, running my fingers through my hair in an attempt to brush it. Once I was finished I ran downstairs to be greeted by the smell of pancakes.

"Happy Birthday Danny," my mom said as I walked into the kitchen. I sat down at the table and she gave me a kiss on the cheek as she placed a plate of pancakes on front of me. I smiled, "Thanks mom," I said as I dug into my pancakes. My dad walked into the kitchen and sat down as my mom placed a plate of toast in front of him.

"Happy Birthday son," my dad said as he ruffled my hair. "Thanks dad," I replied. "I know we are supposed to wait until tonight but I wanted to give you your present now," my dad said as he pulled out a small wrapped box.

He placed it in front of me and I gave him a small smile. Knowing him it would probably be another ghost weapon of some sort. I unwrapped the gift and was surprised to see a small model rocket with NASA printed in bright red along the side.

"What's this?" I asked.

"I thought you might like another rocket for your collection," my dad said. I gave him an honest smile and stood up to hug his huge frame, "Thanks dad."

"You're welcome son. Now you best be getting to school. Your mother and I have big plans for tonight," my dad said.

"Jack, don't give away the surprise," my mom lightly scolded.

"Sorry Maddie baby," my dad apologized.

I smiled at the two of them and exited the kitchen. I ran upstairs to grab my bag and almost ran into Jazz. "Hey slow down, where's the ghost attack?" Jazz joked.

I smiled, "Sorry Jazz, just in a hurry I guess," I said as I stepped into my room and grabbed my bag.

She walked down the stairs with me and exited the house with me. "Need a ride?" she asked.

"No thanks, I feel like a flight today," I told her.

She shrugged, "Whatever you want birthday boy." I ran into the alley and let the two white rings wash over me. I took off towards Casper High, giving Jazz a small wave as I flew away.

Once I was halfway between my house and the school, I landed on a nearby rooftop. Checking to make sure no one could see me, I let two slightly darker rings wash over me. Danny Phantom was gone, and in his place stood the Prince of the Ghost Zone.

The power I felt in this form was immense, and I liked it. "Enjoying your power?" a voice asked. I turned and saw Vizier floating behind me. "What are you doing here? What if Fright Knight shows up?" I cried.

Vizier waved his hand, "You have no need to worry about your 'bodyguard'. He won't interrupt us. I have seen to that."

I looked at him suspiciously, "What do you mean? Is Fright Knight ok?"

"He is fine, but you no longer have need for him," Vizier said as he floated closer and placed his hands on my shoulders, "You have me, you don't need Fright Knight or Clockwork or anyone else. Under my teaching, you will gain powers you have never even thought of gaining."

I felt my energy increase and my core grow colder. I shrugged his hands off my shoulders, "I don't know, I'm glad you're teaching me but I still think I need my friends and family."

Vizier nodded, "I respect that Prince Phantom."

I gave him a small smile, "Thanks." I stepped away from my new mentor, "I should really get to school before I'm late," I told him as I transformed back into my regular Danny Phantom form.

Vizier nodded and gave me a small wave goodbye. I turned and was about to resume my flight towards school when Vizier said, "Oh Prince Phantom?".

I faced the old ghost, "Yeah?"

"Happy Birthday," with that he disappeared.

Slightly surprised and confused I resumed my flight. I could still fell the energy pulsing from my core. It made my body feel cold and warm all at the same time.

I arrived behind the school and transformed back into Danny Fenton. I ran into the school and made it to my first class just as the bell rang. The lesson went on but I wasn't paying attention.

I rubbed the spot on my right hand where the Ring of Rage rested and Vizier's words kept repeating themselves in my head, 'You don't need Fright Knight or Clockwork or anyone else'.

Was he right? I had all this power and Vizier's training. Maybe I didn't need anyone else. I didn't need Clockwork, Fright Knight, Sam, Tucker or even.... Jazz?

No, I do need them. They are my family. Why was I even thinking this? I shook my head and stopped rubbing the spot on my hand.

I was torn. I wanted to keep learning from Vizier but at the same time, was being around him changing me for the worse?