Chapter 7

Lauren's P.O.V.

The show. The show that my life has been leading up to. The moment. The series of moments that have brought me to this. I know, it's just a show but it's also a big part of my life. This show. This 1 and a half hour show has taught me so much already and it hasn't even started. Firstly, I now know that I'm not okay being by myself majority of the time and that I feel so happy when I'm around other people.
Secondly, I found out how much I really love Lucy. She's my best friend, my sister that I've lost. The one person in the world who can make me, well, me. She's the thing that keeps me smiling, keeps me happy. She's the person I look forward to talking to. She's the person I know won't judge me, won't laugh at me and won't make me feel bad about myself. She's the person everyone needs, but sadly don't have. Without Lu by my side and in my thoughts I'd be a grumpy, depressed, sad and lonely twelve year old girl who lives with an alcoholic parent.
-
"Beat em like a pancake?" Lu asked me.

"Like a pancake!" I tell her.

-

The stage goes black and the crowd erupts. The show, the show was amazing. Better than I had ever thought it would have been.

"That was amazing!" I exclaim to Lu.

"I know! I loved every second of it!" Lu told me. Rachel was in the end of the show so she wasn't going to sit with us the whole time.

I look over at Lu. She seems funny, not humour but strange. Her face dropped. She looks around her. She looks around and then jerks her head back to look in the far left of the theatre.

"Lucy?" I ask.

No reply.

"Lu, are you alright?" I ask. She doesn't move, her head looks like it's been glued to stay in one place.

Her eyes shut for a second and open again.

"Lucy, what's wrong?" I ask her.

"Him," she says barely above a whisper and without turning to face me.

"Him?" I question. Who's him?

"Kade," she says still whispering.

"Huh?" I say, I've never heard of a Kade before.

"Kade. He's my.... My.... He's my father," she says terrified.

Lucy has told me about her father. About the way he would abuse her mother to the way he drove her to do what she did.

"Oh Lu," I say hugging her. She turns and collapses in my arms. Tears stream down her face but she makes no noise, she stays silent. Quieter than I'd ever heard a cry.

I stand up and help Lucy to her feet. I stumble with her leaning her full body weight against me. I nearly trip but hold both of us up and make my way, dragging Lucy behind me. I see Qwen and hurry over to her.

"Hi, uh. Can you take Lucy into another room real quick?" I ask.

"Sure sweetie. What's wrong?" She asks me.

"Nothing, she's just really tired and needs to lie down. I'll be back in a minute," I tell her.

I walk the opposite direction and Qwen takes Lucy into a room. I walk back to where we were sitting, I'm going to do some investigating.

I need to answer my questions.
Why is Kade here? Where's he come from? Why isn't he still in jail?

Hey!
Sorry, I didn't edit this. I've been busy lately so I'm trying to update now so you're all not waiting forever.
Have an awesome day!