Chapter 18

Lucy's POV

"What do you mean?" Laur asks obviously offended by Lacey's comment.

"It's just.... I'm not... I'm so overwhelmed," Lacey tried to get out.

I looked at her confused face. It hadn't sunk in yet with me either. Heck, I didn't know I had a sister! Let alone one that looks exactly like me except older.

I gave Lacey a huge hug and she hugged me back. It felt nice, warm and comforting.

"I'm glad you introduced us Laur," I smile at my best friend. She nodded with a smile on her face before walking over to Rachel so we could have some privacy.

"So, you have a pretty great best friend," Lacey smiles warmly.

"Yeah. Today's actually the day we met," I think back to when Laur and I ran through the airport to hug each other for the first time.

"Wow, I wouldn't have guessed. You guys seem like you've known each other forever!" Lacey says surprised.

"It feels like that. We know everything about each other," I tell her.

We keep chatting for a while about ourselves. Turns out Lacey is also really good at soccer. Guess it runs in the family... Get it, runs?

"Girls, I hate to end your conversation but we need to go," Rachel butts in.

I nod sadly and look at Lacey. She seems happy but sad, two things I also felt.

"What are you sad about? Lacey and Lauren are coming to lunch with us!" Rachel says.

"What?" I ask shocked, "you're coming with us!"

"I know!" Lacey says also super happy.

"Hurry up, we need to get going," Rachel rushes us.

Lauren, Rachel, Lacey and I all walk out of the hell hole that they'd been staying in and pile into Rachel's car.

"Don't you need to go back to the venue?" Lauren asks Rachel after we've finished lunch.

"Yeah, I should be there now practising but I figured you girls should be able to have a fun day," she smiled happy to help.

"You're really great, you know that?" I said, "You didn't need to do all this for us but you did. Thankyou."

Rachel had given up her own time, her rehearsal time at that, just to take us out to lunch.

As Lacey, Lauren and I were all talking Rachel was on her phone talking to someone. I picked up parts of the conversation like,
"I'll be there tomorrow to sign them," and "Yes, the two of them,"
It seemed kind of suspicious but I forgot about it all once we started talking about sports which Laur was new to.

"Lu says you're good at soccer," Laur states.

"Yep, I play for the local team," Lacey smiles proudly.

"Me too," I say, my sister and I, despite knowing each other for like 30 minutes, have so much in common.

"Do you like sports Lauren?" Lacey asks.

"Yeah, I don't compete on a team or anything though," Laur says shyly.

"Lauren is really good at sports, she just doesn't give herself enough credit," I shake my head. Lacey laughs at Lauren's response.

"Yeah right, I can't even kick a ball,"

"Who said ball?" Rachel joins in.

"No one," I laugh.

Once we drop Lacey and Laur back at the group home Rachel takes me back with her to the theatre.

"Will you be right to stay with Mom for a bit?" I smile when she says mum, it's funny how different her accent is to an Aussie's.

"Yeah I'll be fine," I smile. I've already had her go out of her way enough for me today, now she should go do something for her.

"Okay, I'll check on you later," she looks at me then her mother. Gwen nods and Rachel goes onto the stage with Colleen and Kory.

"So, I heard about you fun filled day," Gwen starts to make small talk which turns into me talking about Lacey and how much I hate my house and things like that.

"I didn't know you were in a foster care system."

"Yep, ever since I was 2," I say. Foster care honestly sucks. All the rules and restriction are complete garbage!

"Wow, that must be hard," She thinks out loud.

"Well some homes are really nice and you feel welcome but others, like the woman I'm staying with now, really shouldn't be fostering," I explain, "It takes a certain person, someone that has patience and be open to loving someone new. Sadly, there aren't enough people like that now."

Gwen and I chat until it gets dark and Colleen and her crew come into the room to get everyone ready for dinner.

774 words.
Hopefully I'm not boring you too much.
What do you predict will happen with the whole Lacey/Lucy saga? And are they really sisters or is it just a coincidence?
This is unedited so please don't go through telling me how bad my grammar is because your comment will be deleted!