Chapter 10

Lucy's POV

How could Trevor possibly know Laur wasn't at home? She had told him, he had replied. He'd said she could come.

After telling Rachel that Laur doesn't live in a good house and with good people she kind of, I don't know, went a little crazy. Not crazy as in jumping off the ceiling but she went crazy serious, like barely blinking.

"Yes," Laur said quietly.

Rachel's expressions were well, interesting. Mainly disbelief and sorrow.

"It's fine though, I've never been hurt or anything," Laur said in an attempt to make Rachel chill out a bit more.

"I don't think that's classified as fine," Rachel said sympathetically. She was more sad now than anything else.

"It is to me," Lauren defends.

"I think we should go back to the theatre, we'll talk more there," Rachel says getting up from where she was kneeling next to us.

"I'm so so so sorry," I whisper to Laur as we walk silently behind Rachel.

"I know," she says sadly. One bad thing about being so loud is the fact that I say things without thinking, I say things without thinking a lot.

"I'll repay you somehow, I promise," I tell her.

"I know you'll try," she says. We keep walking back to the theatre.

As we walk in the doors Rachel tells us to say on either side of her so she can keep better watch.

"Now, the police will be here soon. I can't have you two running off again. You swear you'll stay put?" Rachel warns.

"Yep," I say.

Laur nods. She's gone quiet, she goes quiet when she's nervous, scared or sick.

"Okay then, come on," Rachel says walking into the room we were in before we ran off. 

As I'm walking quietly behind her I see a man, it's Kade. He's watching us. The crazy freak is watching us walk. He isn't smiling, he doesn't look happy, he doesn't look sad. He looks confused. Not that I actually care about him, I just notice things. 

I walk into the room and there sitting around the small plastic tables there's Colleen, Josh, Jessica, Christopher, Matt, Qwen, Tim and the three kids, Bailey, Jacob and Parker. 

The kids smile when we walk in, so does Jessica. The others don't notice us because they're all chatting. 

Bailey runs up to Laur and gives her a huge hug. 

"Hi there," Laur says. She loves kids way more than I do, if a random kid came and hugged me then I'd be freaked out. 

"Hi! I'm Bailey!" She says enthusiastically. 

"Nice to meet you Bailey. I'm Lauren, you can call me whatever you want," Laur tells her smiling big. 

"I don't normally have other girls to play with," Bailey explains to Laur, "Will you play with me?" She asks sweetly. 

"Not right now I'm sorry. Maybe in a few minutes," Laur says. 

Bailey looks disappointed but then happy again. 

"Okay!" She says and goes back to sitting with her mum. 

I'm kind of glad she didn't come up to me because I wouldn't have a clue what to say or do. 

"Isn't she cute?" Laur says to me coming closer. 

"She's alright I guess," I tell her truthfully. 

Laur knows that I don't really like children all that much. 

"Well, I think she's a sweety," Laur beams. 

"Girls," Rachel says motioning us to come over to her. We walk over and the adults are all coming towards us too, making a semi cirlce kind of shape. 

"Bailey, take your brothers over there to play okay?" Jessica told Bailey. 

"Okay!" Bailey says grabbing Parker's hand and telling jacob to follow her. 

I turn my focus back to Rachel and listen as she speaks. 

"We need to work out some plan or whatever, because if Lauren shouldn't be going back to her house then she needs somewhere else," Rachel tells us, including the adults. 

"Where could she go?" I ask. 

"Well, I suppose the police will have to figure that one out," Rachel says. Colleen whispers something in Joshua's ear, he nods and keeps a straight face. 

"But she's going to stay until I leave right?" I ask. I haven't come all this way to only see her for a few hours, I need to be with her forever, I'm practically her sister, I mean, we have the same sort of eyes, same sort of face. It's actually kind of creepy. 

"I don't have control over that sorry," Rachel says. 

Colleen looks at Josh, it's a look I can't really describe. It's kind of, I don't know. It's sort of a knowing look, a look that means something important. 

"But she needs to stay with me!" I tell Rachel rather loudly. 

"Lucy, I don't have control over that, I told you," Rachel says. 

"I know," I say defeated, "I'm sorry,"

"Look, Lauren. We should probably go get your stuff," Jessica says. Christopher nods. 

"Okay," Laur says. Her face breaks my heart, she's so sad, so torn inside, I cant tell she hates all this more than I do, she just won't say it. 

"Come on," Jess says walking over and putting her hand on Laur's shoulder. They walk out of the room and I go sit on a chair in the corner, away from everyone. 

I see Colleen and Josh having a serious conversation. Rachel walks over to them, they look at me and continue talking, I can see their mouths moving but no audio is coming to my ears. My head feels empty, much like my heart right now.  

A/N
Hey!
Thanks so much for reading! 
Tell me what you think is going to happen next. 
Also, this chapter is 900 words! Horray! I'm not slacking too badly. 
I actually like this book, it's fun to write. 

Have an awesome da anf don't forget to vote!