Chapter Fifteen.

Poisonous: Ch. 15

"Fuck, I'm tired."

I hadn't turned my phone on because all night, it was blowing up and I could not get any sleep. Them son of bitches wouldn't stop calling me.

"Pieces of shits." I parked my car in Madelyn's driveway, sending a text to Reed and telling him to send backup quietly. I was going to get the truth out of Madelyn today and I didn't need anything scaring her off.

She knew I was coming because she came to the door, smiling at me. I had gotten out of the car and made my way over to her, my smile on my face. I didn't tell Alejandro that I was coming here alone because I could do this case without him. He would just add stress to me and try to plead his case and I didn't want to hear it.

"Come on in. Can I get you anything to drink?" She beamed at me and I shook my head no. I wasn't in the mood to drink at all. I was still sad from what happened yesterday and I think I would always be but that wasn't what I need to be worrying about.

I took a seat on the double couch as she took a seat in the armchair in front of me.

"What's the sudden rush over here for? Didn't get enough of me?" She teased and I chuckled at her. She was really nice and fun to be around and we could've been friends if she wasn't a criminal.

"No, I was just bored. I had my heart broken and I needed someone to vent to." I said smoothly, getting into the part of an undercover agent. "Aw, what happened?" She pouted at me and I sighed. "I just found out the guy that I fell for didn't like me as much as I did. I was only a game to him." I huffed and she shook her head.

"You really liked him, huh?" She questioned and I nodded truthfully. "Yeah, but I guess it was all one-sided." I replied and her eyes saddened. "I can relate to you, Zanos." She let out a breath of air. "The person you were in love with, was it a girl or a boy?" I asked. "Girl." Madelyn clicked her tongue.

"What was her name?" I tilted my head, and her eyes zeroed in on me. "I don't have to tell you that." She huffed and looked away. I threw my hands up and shrugged. "Why not? I would help you get with her. After all, you are a nice person." I grinned and she snorted, letting down her guard.

Bingo.

"Doesn't matter now. She's dead." She muttered. "Aw. What happened to her?" I questioned and she scoffed, her demeanor changing into one of a heartbroken girl. "I was in love with her and she had a boyfriend named Alexander. No matter how many times I told her how I felt, she would always have her attention on him!" She cried out. "She would never give me the time of day as long as he was around but he wasn't stupid enough to fall for my tricks," She muttered bitterly.

"So if I couldn't have her, no one would." She looked down at the ground, tears falling. "I killed Maria and she would forever live on in my heart." She whispered and I think she forgot who she was telling this to, because her head shot back up with a look of fear.

There were police cars outside because I saw the flashing of the blue and red in the corner of my eye but she didn't.

"I didn't mean--"

"Stand up and place your hands behind your back." I motioned for her to stand as I pulled out my handcuffs. She stood up, her knees shaking as she whimpered. "I didn't mean to--"

I wrapped the handcuffs around her wrists and walked her to the front door, opening it and walking outside. "Madelyn Sanchez, you are under arrest for the first degree murder of Maria Sanchez." I began, my voice loud enough for everyone to hear as we were walking down the steps. I saw Reed, Alejandro, Dominic, Zeria and Nikolai by the police cars as well as Arielle.