[01] finding good textures

DEVIANTART. DEVIANTART. DEVIANTART.

I can't say it enough.

DeviantArt has so many good designers that make the best textures for you to use in your graphics. They range from everything - sweet to horror, fun to sorrowful, light to dark, anything you could ever want!

These can be hard to find if you don't know where to look.

You want to find good texture packs. Normally I search "Texture packs" and scroll down the list until I find one. Once I do, I click on it (and normally download), but I usually want more.

So, the best thing you can do is look on the right side of the page and scroll down until it says "More from [creator]". If I really like their designs, I'll look through more of them. Press "View Gallery" to look at them all.

If you're a little iffy, scroll down a little more until you see "Featured in Collections". These will be collections that others have made that feature textures like the one you are looking at. Press "View More" for an even bigger variety!

If you're still not done after doing that, scroll down until it says "More from DeviantArt". You can select "Browse More Like This" and a list of similar textures will show up.

Keep in mind that when downloading these texture packs they will mostly all be either .rar or .zip files. You will need an unzipper/extractor application such as winrar. Once you've extracted them, all the files will then be .png or .jpg files!

***Don't forget that these textures are theirs - you always want to give them credit. Sure, most probably won't track you down and threaten you until you give them a dedication, but it's the nice thing to do. They spend quality time on these, the least you can do is give them some recognition. Follow all of their rules!

DON'T just say "all credit goes to their rightful owners" or something to that effect. That is not giving them credit!