Part Two

You were kept heavily drugged for the next couple of weeks, and plans for The Winter Soldier to go back into cryo had been delayed. He was the one to subdue you after you had taken out nearly 50 HYDRA members. They were keeping The Soldier around you at all times, in case you miraculously were able to function against the sedatives running through your veins.
They started to wean you off of the drugs slowly, making sure they had done all of the tests they could. They had blindfolded you and covered your hands in clunky metal covers in hopes you wouldn't be able to use your power. When you were finally somewhat conscious you were completely panicked. You couldn't see, you couldn't hear and you couldn't move.
The Winter Soldier was standing guard at the door when you came to. He had convinced the doctors to let him stay because he said he would intimidate you most. But he had actually said it because he knew you would trust him, and he trusted you. No matter how many times they seemed to wipe him, he would always recognize the small girl with wide eyes and choppy hair.
He slowly walk over to you, placing his hands gently on your shoulders, small burst of pain going through his body, nothing he couldn't handle. Your body instantly went still, recognizing the cool smooth touch of his metal hand. Your Soldier. He started tapping his finger in a rhythmic pattern, which you recognized as Morse code.
"You're okay," he tapped slowly. You nodded your head, your breaths slowly evening out. "I take off blindfold. Okay," he let you know and you nodded again. He carefully slid the blindfold over your head so you could see.
You shook your head, squeezing your eyes shut, the after effects of the drugs making your vision blurry. The Soldier glanced over his shoulder, making sure there was no one else around before he knelt in front of you. You stared at him as he moved his hands, pointing to himself, and then moving his fist in circles over his chest. I'm Sorry.
You nodded, not being about to respond due to the metal bonds on your hands. You offered a slight smile, which he quickly returned.
"I'm going to take off the cuffs," he signed slowly, stumbling over some of the movements, "Promise you won't hurt me?" You nodded yet again, mouthing the words back to him. I promise I won't.
He removed the bonds and you stretched your fingers, bringing your hand to your chin and moving it forward, telling him thank you.
"Of course," he said, knowing you could read his lips. "I have orders to take you to Dr. Volkov when you regained consciousness," your eyes widened slightly and you began to shake your head. Pain shot through The Winter Soldier's body and he grimaced, grabbing your small hands.
"Calm. Down," he managed to get out through gritted teeth. You panicked, realizing that you were hurting him, which only made the pain he was feeling worse. He fell back, losing his hold on your hands and crying out. You scrambled to your feet, looking around frantically, trying to calm down.
The door burst open, several guards running in, all of them covered head to toe in black gear. With your fear and anxiety only increasing, several of them dropped to the ground and Your Soldier's pained cries grew louder.
Guards managed to get you back into the cuffs and blindfold you, dragging your squirming body out of the room and into a small white room. They dropped you onto the cold floor, pulling the restraints off before quickly leaving and locking the door.
You ripped the off the blindfold, looking around. This was the first time you had been in a room other than your cell or the lab. There was various amounts of equipment around you. You furrowed your brow in confusion, wondering why you hadn't been sedated or beaten.
A screen on the far side of the room light up, revealing the face of Dr. Volkov.
"Y/N my dear. So glad to see you're awake. You've been quite the buzz around here, considering you managed to take out some of my best agents," you swallowed nervously as you read what he was saying, "You killed four of my men Y/N."
Your eyes widened at his words. You killed people, awful people, but they were living being regardless. You ran your shaky hands through your hair, casting your eyes towards the floor
"I'm not mad though dear, so don't fret," he smiled at you, "We can only have the best here at HYDRA, you merely sorted the weak from the strong. I thank you. But you need to understand Y/N; you've been given a gift! A gift we intend on using to our advantage. The doctors here have some fancy name for what you have, but I'll simplify it for you. You are able to inflict pain and illness onto others. The illness ability is so far not as common as the pain infliction. Five of our members came down with the flu; the rest either experienced extreme pain or died."
You stumbled back, trying to make sense of everything he had just told you. You racked your hands through your hair again, your hands trembling.
"Now, you're going to cooperate, whether we make you or not. You get to decide dear."
Your response was immediate. You held up your hand, showing him a not very kind gesture. Dr. Volkov chuckled, turning his head to someone off camera and mumbling something you couldn't make out. He turned back to you.
"I have a feeling The Winter Soldier will not enjoying doing this again."
You turned around just in time to have Winter wrap his arms around you, beginning to drag you out of the room. You struggled, not wanted to hurt him more than you already had. He began to tap on your arm like he had when you first woke up. Don't Fight. Please. So you obliged.
You stopped. You stopped fighting; you stopped trying to be free. Your body went limp in his arms, which you could tell he was not expecting, since he nearly lost his hold on you.
He brought you to the lab you spent most of your time in. All movement stopped as agents took you from The Soldier, bringing you to the metal chair in the back of the room. You could instantly tell what was about to happen. You turned your head back to Your Soldier. He signed the words you had signed to him not long ago. It'll be okay.
-
They called you Hush. You were silent and you could bring silence upon others. You worked along the Winter Soldier as his back up on missions. Your first weeks of training we grueling. They worked you day and night, gaining up your physical strength first, considering the fact that you were extremely weak and frail.
HYDRA wiped your mind multiple times, though they were never able to erase everything. You had a faint recollection of your family; you knew their faces but couldn't quite place their names. Most of your memories from the past few years were gone, and you struggled to remember your own name sometime. Yet, you still seemed capable of remembering the metal armed man. Your Soldier.
When you had first started to learn how to control your ability, you were only able to take out a few people before you got a terrible nose bleed and nearly collapsed. You had only been capable of what you had done the first time due to all the anger you were feeling. It took months and months of work but in the end, you could bring down a room full of people at the blink of an eye. Though you couldn't hold your focus for long, it would buy The Winter Soldier enough time to get the job done.
Your bond with The Soldier grew. He was your trainer, and the only person who spoke to you with your language, even though it was dangerous for him to do so.
They would stick you in cryo between missions, not willing to take the risk of you turning your powers on them. Your most recent mission sent you and The Soldier to Washington DC, agents around you were constantly whispering to each other, excited for the final reveal.
You sat across from Your Soldier at the back of the plane, looking up at him every so often
"Where did you learn sign?" you questioned cautiously.
"I have to use it during missions. They make me wear this..." he hesitated, thinking of the right word, "Muzzle. It's hard to understand me when I talk under it."
There was a moment neither of you did anything. He pointed to you, then shifted both is hands to the side.
"You ready?" he questioned. You nodded, moving your index finger in circles.
"Always," you replied. He jerked his head to the side, listening to someone, before turning back to you, letting you know it was time to go.
You were both escorted off the plane to await further orders.
-
The Winter Soldier and you sat crouched on top of a building, waiting for the right moment to land the kill shot. It would have been completely dark out if not for the street lights around you. The Soldier had been ordered to take out threat to HYDRA, while you were to stop anyone if they got in the way.
His target was Nick Fury, who you had been told was standing in HYDRA's way of making the world a better place.
Before you knew it, The Soldier was running off and you followed suit. You had barely even notice him fire the gun, considering you hadn't heard it of course.
He grabbed your arm and began quickly tapping. Being followed. You nodded, preparing to do what you needed. A familiar cold feeling spread through your body.
You both stopped at the edge of a building, spinning around towards a blond man jumping out of a window. The man threw a red white a blue shield towards you, which The Winter Soldier easily caught. You outstretched your hand towards the man. He grimaced in pain and your partner threw the shield back, hitting him straight in the stomach, sending him skidding backwards.
You took this moment to jump off the roof and disappear from sight.
-
You and Your Soldier were sent to receive orders from one of the top authorities in HYDRA, Alexander Pierce. He notified you that you had two level six targets. And he needed a confirmed death within 10 hours.
You were taken in a vehicle to where the targets were believed to be. The Soldier's job was to take the enemy head on, and you were to keep them at bay so he could do his part.
You watched as Winter jumped on the hood of the car they were driving, tearing out a body from the backseat, and throwing him into the other road. You extended your hand to the car, concentrating your energy on the driver. The car came to a screeching halt, throwing The Soldier off.
Your car hit the other from behind, pushing it forward. Winter jumped up and onto the top of the car, ripping out the steering wheel and then proceeding to jump onto the hood of the car you were in. You moved your focus to everyone in the other vehicle.
Their car lurched to the side, and then flipped over in the air. The right hand door fell out, along with the three people inside. One of them, a darker skinned man, fell off and the other two, the blond man you had seen earlier and a red haired woman went skidding down the road.
The car stopped and you jumped off the car along with The Soldier. He was handed a large gun and shot at the man and woman, blasting the blond off the road and onto the ground below. Agents began shooting at the remaining two, who quickly ducked behind abandoned cars. You brought your hands out in front of you focusing on them.
Winter sent another shot, blowing up a car. The red head ran across the road, a grimace on her face. He shot at her again and she jumped off the bridge.
You turned your attention to finding the other man, the one who had fallen off the car door. You stalked off in his direction, your hand outstretched.
He had taken out a sniper and kicked him over the edge. You clenched your fist and the man doubled over, placing his hands on his knees, letting his gun fall to the ground. He turned his head towards you, his brow furrowing. You dropped your hand and quickly pulled out your gun, firing several shots at him.
He rolled out of the way, managing to pick his fallen gun up. firing a few shots over the bridge. You focused on him and he immediately began sneezing, you fired a shot at him, missing his head by barely an inch. He ran at you, his gun hanging by his side. You rolled out of the way, causing him to stumble. You threw your hand out and he dropped to his knees.
A burst of red and orange caught your eye and you turned your head to look. You silently prayed Your Soldier was okay. The man took the moment of distraction to his advantage and jumped up, tackling you to the ground. Black spots danced in your vision as your head hit the ground.
You wrapped your legs around his torso, flipping him so you were on top. You clenched your fist and he almost immediately passed out.
You stood up, jumping off the bridge and landing on a lone car, flipping off of it. The red head was now where to be seen and Winter was fighting the blond man over 100 yards away. You sprinted towards them, vaguely aware of the people staring at you in horror. They all felt pain as your ran by.
As you neared them, you watched as the blond man was grabbing his shield from where it was embedded in a car. He hit The Soldier with it, then flipped him over, and ripping his mask off in the process.
The shield man stared at Winter with an expression of shock as Winter faced him. A moment passed before the blond spoke something you couldn't read.
"Who the hell is Bucky?" The Winter Soldier questioned, raising his gun. You spotted the man you had fought earlier flying towards him, a wing like contraption strapped to his back.
You opened your mouth, shouting at Your Soldier to look out, but no sound escaped you lips. There were moments like these where you forgot your muteness that you hated the most.
The bird man rammed in him, throwing him to the ground. A shot was fired at Winter, hitting the car next to him. He disappeared in a cloud of smoke and fire. Anger fueled within you. You raised your fists and the three enemies dropped to their knees, their mouths open in a cry of pain.
Agents cuffed them and loaded them into a van. You looked around, Your Soldier nowhere in sight. You moved forward, signing three words over and over. Where's My Soldier. Any HYDRA member that stepped within ten feet of you was hit with a wave of pain.
Your hands began to shake. You were always with The Winter Soldier, he was the only one you trusted, and he helped keep your emotions at bay. Hands grabbed your arms, forcing them behind your back and locking them in cuffs. You were barely aware that there was a heavy stream of blood coming from your nose. You just wanted to know if Your Soldier was safe.