Part Three

The Winter Soldier was confused. The man on the bridge had broken a dam in his head, sending memories flooding through. With one word, he had managed to send all the walls HYDRA built crashing down.

He threw his metal arm to the side, sending the man working on it flying back. Guns were immediately pointed at him. He stared blankly ahead, only two thoughts on his mind: his past, and you

When he had been brought into the room for his arm repairs, he was pretty out of it, but he managed to overhear a conversation about you. They said that you had had a breakdown and almost took out 7 agents. He was incredibly worried and when he heard they had tranquilized you and were considering putting you back in cryo, he was filled with anger.

His eyes were focused on wall in front of him and he barely noticed the man entering the room. The man came up close to him, speaking words he was to numb to hear. His cheek was suddenly stinging and his hair was sticking to his sweat covered face. The Soldiers brow furrowed,

"The man on the bridge," he trailed off, looking up at the man, "who was he?"

"You met him earlier this week on another assignment," the man explained.

"I knew him," Winter mumbled, shifting his gaze to the others in the room. The man sat down in front of him.

"Your work has been a gift to mankind. You shaped the century; I need you to do it one more time. Society is at tipping point between order and chaos, tomorrow morning we're going to give it a push..." The Winter Soldier looked away, the rest of the man's monologue becoming muffled as if his ears were filled with cotton. When he glanced back at the man, he hesitated.

"But I knew him," he spoke, fearing the consequences of his words.

"Where is she?" The Soldier murmured quietly, looking up as he was pushed back into the chair.

"Where is she?" He said a bit louder, though no one made the move to respond. He was about to ask again before a mouth guard was shoved between his teeth. The machine whirled to life and his arms were locked down. He began to struggle against the restraints as the metal plates neared his head.

He began to think about you, trying to calm himself down. How you would always sign that it would be okay. And boy he wished that it would be as his screams filled the room.

-

You awoke to drips of liquid falling on your face and someone gently shaking your shoulders. The first thing you saw as you opened your eyes was Your Soldier looming above you. Your eyes widened in shock as you took in his appearance. He was dripping wet and was cradling his arm to his side. He had several cuts and bruises covering the visible parts of his body.

"Are you okay?" you began to sign, your arm somewhat restricted due to an IV in your arm. He nodded while you pulled out the needle. He helped pull electrode pads from your head and chest.

You looked around confused, the fog the medication had caused you finally being lifted, "What happened? What's going on?" you asked.

"I'll explain later, but we need to get out of here" he spoke in a rush, grabbing your hand and pulling you from the room. There were several unconscious bodies in the hallways you passed through. You gripped Your Soldier's hand tightly, sending bursts of electricity through his fingers.

He guided you out of the building into an alleyway behind it. Bright red and blue lights flickered in the distance. You turned to him.

"You came back for me," you signed, your lips moving along with the words.

"Of course I did Y/N, I'll always come for you," he replied, a soft smile on his face. You managed a smile back, not having seen your name used in years and you were surprised he could even remember it, "Now we need to go."