Part Four

Bucky stared at you once you had finally fallen asleep. Your lips mumbled unspoken words. He wished he could read lips like you could so he could figure out what you were saying.
He sighed, turning away and looking back towards the ceiling. He kept replaying what had happened on the helicarriers in his head. He was praying that Steve was alright. The guilt and confusion he was feeling was overwhelming, he felt as if it might consume him any moment.
He had no clue what was going to happen. The police had no doubt set out on a search for the two of you and he wondered what he would see if turned on the television...if he could figure out how.
Everything around him was different. He could barely comprehend half of the stuff he was seeing. At the museum, women were wearing incredibly short shorts and tank tops, something he never would have seen growing up.
And when he had gone to the bank, he had received hundreds of dollars; he couldn't even understand how it was possible. The world had changed, and as much as he hated to admit it, he was scared

Your Soldier awoke to the smell of coffee. You had noticed the small coffee pot in the back of the room and decided to try it. Streams of light shown through the parts of the window the curtains didn't cover, making up for the broken bulb.
Bucky sat up; the feeling of waking up on his own was so foreign to him. You padded over to him, holding two cups of coffee in your hands. You handed him the cup and sat next to him. You took a long sip, the bitter, watery taste overwhelming your taste buds, causing you to choke and sputter in surprise. A laugh was elicited from Bucky.
You covered you mouth to keep from spitting out the 'coffee'. And in seconds you were both doubled over laughing, though your laugh was more of a wheeze, which only made Your Soldier laugh harder.
The feeling of being free was setting in. Of being free from HYDRA, though all that was programmed by them was still there, you both still remembered how it felt to be human. In barely over a day since you both had escaped, you were already feeling pieces of your old selves coming back.
"My mom made coffee like that. Practically water," you managed to sign to him after you had both calmed down.
"My mom...I think she was a tea person," he smiled, taking a sip of the drink, "and this is awful, but it's still the best thing I've had in years."
"Well after however many years it's been, I guess I forgot how to use a coffee maker..."
"Well thank you for trying," he attempted to sign, but messed up 'thank you' placing his hand under his jaw instead of on his chin. Your eyes widened in surprise and you quickly tried to correct him. He stared at you, confused as to what he said wrong.
You gently took his hand, showing him the correct motion and finger spelling what it means, and then showing him what he signed and what it meant. A blush spread across him checks as he realized
"I'm sorry," he murmured bashfully. You smiled, letting him know he didn't need to worry.
You glanced over at what you guessed was the television and wished you could figure out how to turn it on. It was huge! And it didn't have any nobs or buttons on it, which you couldn't quite comprehend.
Bits in pieces from your past were slowly coming back. Your birthday was somewhat muddled and you couldn't exactly place it...19...19 something.
"What's wrong?" Bucky signed, watching you warily. You shook your head.
"Just trying to remember," you answered after a moment. He nodded his head in understanding, "I just wish I knew what I'm trying to remember."
Several seconds passed where neither of you did anything. He glanced over at you, clearing his throat
"I thought you were good with your powers? What happened back at the bank?" He quirked an eyebrow. You sighed,
"I still had those weird drugs in my system, it was throwing me off". He smirked slightly.
"Sure," he said. Holding the sign. You rolled your eyes.
"I could take you down with the flick of the wrist Soldier," he crossed his arms.
"Prove it" you read, chuckling. You moved your hand and he almost immediately went limp, not able to move his body.
"Paralysis" you explained as he started at you with wide blue eyes. "Works every time. Though it is hard to hold on multiple people at once."
"Okay, okay. I get it, point proven," he managed to get out. You released your hold, though all the programming in your body screamed at you to finish him. And all you could do was pray that HYDRA's hold on you wouldn't make you do anything you couldn't control.