Part Six

The next several weeks were spent either in training rooms or labs. It was only Bucky who was able to get you to sleep or eat. He was keeping you anchored, and you were so incredibly grateful for him. Though you weren't willing to 'say' it, you loved him with all your heart.

You had been able to remember small details from your past through photos and dreams. Your mother's smile. Your father's cologne. You would wake in the middle of the night with the smell of pine in your nose and their faces in your mind.

Over the following weeks, you had met more of the group, who called themselves The Avengers. A man named Tony, with strange facial hair and the snarkiest personality. A redhead named Natasha, who you could have sworn you had met before. She looked like she had seen a ghost when she spoke with you.

Steve told you about a man, well a god, named Thor, who was currently in Asgard. You had trouble believing him at first, but after everything you had dealt with, it wasn't that strange to comprehend.

Everyone made sure to keep you and Your Soldier away from TVs and newspapers, since you were both still hot topics for the news. So far, Tony had convinced the government and police to not arrest you. He had explained the situation to them, getting them to agree to more time before an eventual court day had to be set. You suspected money was involved as well, considering the amount Tony had.

Whenever you and Bucky had the chance, the two of you would thank people. Neither of you could wrap your heads around everyone's generosity, as it was like nothing either of you could ever remember having. Before bed each night, you and Bucky would go through a list of things you were thankful for. It helped block out the memories of HYDRA that plagued you.

Bucky regained his memories at a faster pace than you did with the element of hearing playing a big role in his recovery. However, he did everything he could to help you out until you could tell your name and birthday without hesitation. It was in those moments you could feel your love for him filling every part of you.

After the third week of being in the tower, Tony took notice of the fact that neither of you had much clothing, so he took it into his hands to get you some. He returned to the lab one day with custom shirts for the two of you, Bucky's reading Scary and yours reading Scarier. Bucky stared at him, a confused look on his face.

"Face it Barnes. She's much more terrifying than you," Tony spoke with a shrug. Needless to say, you wore yours quite often.

You watched Tony walk over to Bruce and they immediately began conversing, showing each other papers. They had been attempting to create a hearing aid for you, but whatever HYDRA had done had made the original damage to your ear much worse than expected.

In the meantime, Tony had built you a pair of glasses to wear that would display what people were saying in the lens. You wore them sometimes, but you mainly enjoyed reading lips, it kept you focused and engaged.

You turned to Bucky, who was still staring at his shirt. He looked down at you as you rested your hand on his shoulder, giving it a squeeze.

Train? You signed, raising your eyebrows in a hopeful manner. Bucky let out a breath, dropping his head to his chest. You were constantly asking him that question, you loved being able train on your own free will without fear of consequence. He nodded reluctantly and you took his hand, guiding him out of the room.

When you first arrived at the tower, you had quickly memorized the layout of the building, so you and Bucky reached the training room fairly easily. The room was empty when you got there and that was just the way you liked it, without distraction.

Bucky picked up a practice gun from a rack on the wall. They were filled with rubber bullets so the worst that could happen was a bad bruise. You got in position across from him, clenching and unclenching your fists. Bucky was never afraid to spar with you, he knew you could take care of yourself.