Chapter 3 // Goodnight to a Good Night

[Le Clock strikes 9:30]
Budo's POV
I love talking to Ayano. She's like the breathe air I was needing for a long time.
"We should get some rest if we're going to be at Kokona's house for 12 tomorrow." Ayano yawned
"You're right. You know where my drawers are." I said taking off my shirt. She looked through my drawers when she started laughing
"What?" I asked concerned. She took a fedora out my drawer and put it on my head.
"It suits you." she smiled. I took off the rest of my school uniform, leaving me in my briefs. I was about to get into bed when I remembered she put the hat on me. I took the hat and put it on her head from behind. When she stood back up neither of us realised how close we really were.
"Well hello there." I whispered softly

Ayano's POV
"Well hello there." Budo's words sent shivers down my spine. I didn't know what to do, so I just kinda stood there awkwardly blushing. He wrapped his arms around me from behind and rested his head on my shoulder.
"I-Uh.." I spat out
"Relax. I'm just playing." he said letting go and getting into his bed, "Sorry." he finished up
"No.. It's just.. I.. Um.. I need a glass of water." I said rushing to the kitchen. The problem wasn't that I didn't like it. The problem was, I was okay with it.

Budo's POV
Oh boy. I made it weird. I didn't mean to, I just saw how close we were and made a stupid joke. I should go apologise.
As I went to get up, Ayano came back in with a glass of water.
"I'm sorry." we said in unison
"I shouldn't have rushed out like that. I'm sorry I acted that way." Ayano said looking down
"No, it's my fault. I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable, I was just playing around."
"I know you were." she smiled, placing her water down and sitting on top of me, putting her arms out. I sat up and gave her a tight hug and after a while, she started nuzzling her head into my chest.
"You having fun there?" I teased
"Ye- wait what did you say?" she said still clinging onto me
"Nothing." I smiled. Ayano has been super emotional since her parents came back. She was never like this before, so I assume her parents fighting had impacted her. I never reject a hug from Ayano and she takes full advantage of that.

Ayano's POV
Ever since I met Budo he opened me up to a lot of new emotions. When Taro chose someone else, I was so upset, until Budo found me. Budo helped me and was there for me, now I'm practically a normal girl. I'm just a little.. Over emotional sometimes. I've just discovered emotions and need to learn how to use to them.
Budo notices I'm emotional, but he probably assumes I'm PMSing or something. He was always super nice to me and sometimes I took that to my advantage. There was this one time when an older guy tried to hit on me, so Budo protected me and pretended to be my boyfriend. I know that Budo will always protect me and that's why he's my best friend.
"I should get ready for bed." I said finally letting go of him and going back to his drawers, picking out a large shirt and some loose pyjama pants. I changed into them in the bathroom and came back into Budo's room. He scooted over to make room for me and I got in.
"You ready for tomorrow?" he asked playing with my hair
"Yeah. In the least offensive way possible, why did Kokona invite you to her house tomorrow?"
"Probably because I'm your best friend and she wanted to be nice."
"Yeah I guess. I just wondered why since you two aren't really close. I'm glad you're coming."
"Good. And I'm sure everything will work out for Shin and Oka."
"I hope so. Goodnight Budo." I said hugging him
"Goodnight Aya." he hugged me back with one arm

**************

Budo's POV
*BEEP BEEP BEEP*
Stupid alarm clock
When I woke up, Ayano was still clinging to me.
"Ohayo Ayano." I said in a raspy voice
"Ohayo Budo." she yawned out in a tired voice, "What time is it?"
"It's 10am, so we have plenty of time."
"Okay. I'll make us some cereal." she said getting up
"Ayano, weren't you wearing some pyjama bottoms?" I said, realising she was only wearing a large shirt - and underwear obviously.
"Yeah I was, but it got really hot. You don't mind do you?"
"No not at all, just thought I was going crazy." I laughed and got out of bed, stretching a little.
"Turn around." She demanded
"Why?" I asked
"Because I want to get changed but I'm lazy as shit."
"Fair enough." I sat on my bed but faced the wall, "So why do you think Kokona wants us there so early?"
"She's planned this all out. Her dad isn't home tonight. So i assume she wants to get as much done as possible."
"Sounds about right for her." I laughed
"Okay I'm done. You can change now." Ayano was wearing a shortish summer dress. The top was black and the bottom was white. She looked beautiful
"Woah.."
"What?"
"Nothing nothing, you just look really pretty." I smiled
"Thank you." she smiled, kissing me softly on the cheek and walking to the kitchen.
I let out what was less of a sigh, and more of a release of air, like a balloon deflating.
I changed into a red and white shirt with some black jeans, then styled my hair and just for shits and giggles I put the fedora from last night on, then skidded across to the kitchen and tipped my fedora at Ayano - making her laugh
"Oo! Wait here!" she ran into my room and came back a few seconds later. She wrapped a thin scarf around my neck and gave me a leather jacket to put on
"Jesus Christ I look like a hipster." I cringed looking in the mirror
"You look great." she laughed
"I don't think this is my style, but thanks." I said wrapping the scarf around her neck, "I'll keep the hat and jacket if it makes you feel better."
"Yay!" she hugged me excitedly
"So, breakfast?"