Don't She Dark-Skinned

Neveah:

"Dude, don't date her. She's dark-skinned. Don't you know what they say about them?" I couldn't stop thinking about those words. How did they even come up? Well Hayes and I decided to go out and eat some food. I mean I was in cause what the hell, who doesn't like food?

Well when we got the restaurant our waiter came and asked if we were on a date, we both said no. The waiter could've left to that but no, he decided that he should give some 'advice' to Hayes. I looked at Hayes who just gave me a small smile. What? Is he not going to say anything? Yeah we aren't dating or anything but he should still say something.

"I mean, y'all would look weird together. I mean if you ever end up dating a black girl, at least date a brown-skinned or a light-skinned girl y'all would be cuter together." The waiter said. The waiter looked mixed. I don't know what he was mixed with but he looked mixed. He kept on saying negative things about my skin and Hayes wasn't saying anything. He had a blank look on his face and It was hard to know what he was thinking about.

Was he believing everything that he was saying? Would he ever think of dating me or even any girl that has dark skin. I mean there are some girls who aren't black that are dark-skinned too. Will he decide that he never wants to date a dark-skinned girl? Why isn't he speaking up? Why am I not speaking up? Most importantly what happened to this waiter? Who hurt him? Who caused him to have these types of thoughts? Every skin color is beautiful.

I sighed and got up to leave, Hayes noticed and grabbed my wrist, I looked at him. "Why are you leaving?" He asked, my eyes widened in shock. Is he really asking me that question? I took a deep breath "Because I'm tired of hearing all of these negative comments on my skin tone." I said. I'm really not in the mood to have my self-esteem lowered by someone that I don't even know. "Please stay, just stay." He said, I sighed. "Why do you want her to stay? Let her leave." The waiter, I shook my head. "See you later Hayes." I said.

His grip tightened a bit, as he got up. "No stay, and dude you need to shut up." Hayes said turning towards the waiter. I smiled.  "What man, I'm just giving you some advice." He said. "I never asked for your advice and I don't want your advice dude." Hayes said "Why not?" He asked. Hayes finally let go of my wrist and I sat back down.

Hayes raised his eyebrows. "Are you kidding. Your 'advice' is fucked up man. Like who fucked you over man? Why all the hate?" Hayes asked. "It doesn't matter who fucked me over bro. I'm just telling you the truth." He said, I shook my head. "That's not the truth though. Those are stereotypes and the things that you've heard aren't the truth. I bet they were things people who weren't over a break-up started." I said.

"Okay well you don't have to bitch about it." He said, my eyes widened in shock. "How was I a bitch about it? I was just calmly saying the things that you're saying aren't the truth and are just stereotypes." I calmly said, Hayes nodded. "Exactly dude, and why did you have to call her bitch? All she said was that what you were saying are stereotypes." Hayes said.

The waiter sighed. "Whatever man, I thought she wasn't even your girl. I don't get why you're defending her." He said. "I'm defending her because you're saying a bunch of fucked shit dude, and it doesn't matter if she's my girl or not. I'm still going to defend her either way." Hayes said, I smiled.

"Dude I tried to warn you but you aren't listening, so don't come back over here trying to find me when she fucks you over." The waiter said, Hayes rolled his eyes. "Dude just stop. I don't even know you and trust me I'm not going to come back looking for you. Plus you don't even know her dude so you need to stop judging her." Hayes said.

Not going to lie all of what the waiter was starting to get to me again. Don't get me wrong I love the fact that Hayes is defending me but the waiters comments were just a bit too much for me. I got up again, Hayes turned his attention back to me, he looked confused. "Where are you going?" He asked. "I don't know. I just want to get out of here." I said, he shook his head. "Nah, stay, just please stay." He said.

I sighed not knowing what to really do, should I stay or leave? "Just please stay for me." He begged, I sighed and sat back down, he smiled. "Thank you." He said. "Whatever." I said smiling. "And can we get a new waiter? If not then I could just go and talk to your manager." Hayes said, the waiter huffed and walked away.

"I'm sorry if this ruined your experience here." Hayes said. "Oh no it's alright, lets just get some food." I said, Hayes nodded. After a few minutes a new waiter came, we ordered our food and drinks and waited for it to come. "This place is pretty fancy. How come we came here?" I asked, Hayes shrugged. "I don't know, I thought that you would like it. But that waiter had to ruin it." He said rolling his eyes. "I mean it hasn't been a bad experience, we can't let him ruin our time here. Plus the food looks hella bomb." I said, he chuckled. "True. The food does look hella bomb." He said smiling. The food and drinks came to our table, we smiled.

We ate our food and talked, I talked about the good things that happened at the family get together and he talked about what he did that day. The rest of lunch was calm, we talked and laughed like nothing happened. I could tell that Hayes wanted to talked about what happened but he didn't want to ruin the mood.

We finished the food, the waiter came with the check. "Did you guys like your meal?" He asked, we nodded. "Yes we did, thank you." Hayes said, he nodded. Why couldn't he have been our first waiter, that would have made everything so much better.

I got my money out cause we had both agreed... well more like I insisted on at least paying half. "You really don't have to pay Neveah." Hayes said, I rolled my eyes. "We already talked about this, how much am I paying?" I asked him. "50 dollars." He said, I nodded and gave him my half, he got out his half and gave it to the waiter, the waiter got the tab and left. 

We got up and left the restaurant. "Hey I've been meaning to ask you. Are you okay? After all the shit that the first waiter said?" He asked, I nodded "Yeah I am." I said, knowing that it was a damn lie. I mean what he said lowered my self-esteem. "You do know that you could trust me with anything right?" He asked, I nodded. "Then talk to me Neveah." He said, I nodded and took a deep breath. I talked to him about just how I felt and why I let him get to me. It felt good to let it out instead of holding it all in.

Haay Wussup y'all. I just wanna say and you're all beautiful, no matter what shade you are. You are absolutely beautiful. Don't let anyone tell you any different. I hope y'all like this chapter. Please comment and vote so that I know what y'all think about this book/ chapter.

From Yhur 1 And Only Yvonne<3