Teach Me

Neveah:

I wish that I looked at the weather before I walked out of the house cause my ass was freezing. I looked up at the sky and saw the gray clouds, it looked like it was going to rain later on. I sighed and walked towards Hayes car. I really missed the sunny weather, I missed the warm air. I missed having the sun shinning on us, I missed being able to stay outside for a long period of time and not having to worry about freezing. I missed when it didn't get dark so early.

I sat down in the passage seat, placed my shoulder bag down at my feet and fastened my seatbelt. Hayes looked at my outfit. "Aren't you cold?"

I sighed "I mean yeah, I don't know why I though that it would be warmer since its Fall." I said

he chuckled and shook his head."You're lucky that we don't have any classes today."

I grinned and locked at him. "You don't even know how happy I was when I saw that. We finally get a little break." 

Hayes nodded and started driving. We decided to go out to eat today since we didn't really have anything to do. We also thought eating out would better than Black Friday shopping.

"Can you put the address of Cornerstone Café & Coffee in your GPS?" He asked, I nodded and started typing the location into the GPS on my phone. 

I was the one that reached out to Hayes asking if he wanted to hang out. I wanted to be around him today one because, we were both so busy with school that we never got the chance to actually sit down and talk to each other. Two, I'm bored. I mean can you blame me, we didn't go out to any of our family members place for Thanksgiving plus my mom decided to go out with her bestfriend today.

"I can't wait to see all the Christmas decorations  that they've hung up in downtown." I said.

"Honestly, thinking about that low key makes me want to just go to the café a bit later so that we would've been able to walk up to the café when the lights are light up." He smiled at me. I looked a down at my phone to see what time it was. 3:30pm, it read.  It usually starts to get dark at 4:30ish.

I smiled back at him. "That would've been so cute, but at least when we're done, we can stop and look at all the lit lights while we're walking back to the car." 

He nodded and continued to follow the directions to the café. Hayes was playing his Christmas songs playlist and I honestly loved it. Its just something about Christmas that warms your heart up. I love sitting down to watch romantic Christmas movies while just cuddling with my pillow. I also just love jamming around to Christmas songs. Not going to lie I hope it snows during winter break, its just something about watching the Christmas movies while its snowing outside that just makes everything ten times better. 

Hayes looked over at me and raised his eyebrows. "Are you sure that you don't want me to pay for anything today?" He asked, I nodded. 

"I am 100% positive, you can think of this as a little early Christmas present." I told him while smiling. 

He turned his car into the big parking lot garage, I got my purse out of my bag and gave him the $7 dollars so that he could pay for the fee. We continued to drive looking for a parking spot inside the large garage. 

"I low key wish that we got a Lyft instead of driving here." he said. I nodded agreeing.

"I don't know why I thought that it wouldn't be as packed."

"Man all I want to do is eat, I'm starving."

"Same, their waffles sounds amazing right now!" I smiled thinking about how delicious the food was going to be.