Chapter 6

(Mark's P.O.V.)

7:43. I am incredibly late for school today. I run through the front doors, and I mean literally run, and then I run to my locker, quickly getting all of my things and shoving them in my bag. Then I lock my locker and I start heading towards class, no longer running. I'm here, I have my things, I'm less worried. I sigh. 

Here comes the locker... The locker I always get pushed against... I'm late though, and I don't see any of them. I kind of rush past the locker, hoping that Jack doesn't jumpscare me or something. He doesn't, thank god. But a few lockers down he does in fact pass me and pushes me against the locker. He chuckles when he walks away. I close my eyes, inhaling. I am tired and sick of this. Every day. Every day! I get pushed against the lockers, sometimes more! It's ridiculous! Stupid! 

"What is your problem?" I yell. All the kids in the hall turn to look at me just like that, though no one dares do anything. Jack turns more slowly, looking at me. 

"Did you just talk back?" He asks, more shocked then anything else. 

"Yeah. I asked what your problem is?! What did I ever do to you?!" I yell, all my anger in those few words. Then in an instant Jack rushes up to me, pushing me against the lockers, his hands on my shoulders. I groan, not expecting another hit. 

"You know what you did! You know what you fricken did!" He yells back. I shake my head. 

"I really don't!" I say. All of his emotions go towards one prime emotion, anger. And just anger. 

"You know what? I think I found out why you don't have any friends. Maybe it's because you're a whiney little brat. Did you ever think that maybe everybody got tired of hearing you complain and brag about your perfect little life? You don't care about other people, just yourself! You and your life! Your life where nothing goes wrong! Well guess what Mark?! Not everyone lives in a fricken fairytale! But you wouldn't know that. You're selfish too, wanting this and that and this and that. And I bet you get it. Every single time. You get everything don't you? Yeah. And you're grades? Do we even have to talk about that?! I've heard you talk to the teacher and the principal. How many tests have you failed this year? Ten? And we've only been in school for three weeks! You're ridiculous Mark Fischbach, a stupid, selfish, whiny, coward. That's all you are!" He yells, never once backing down or showing the slightest hint of regret in his words. I just stare at him with wide sad eyes.

I feel a tear roll down my cheek. Never underestimate the power of words. Ever. He stares at me for a second before pulling his hands away, walking away. The kids in the hallway, those kids who have done nothing but watch for two years, they still just watch me. I wipe my eyes dry of tears, walking with my head hung low to class. Jack's said some harsh stuff before but... It's never been that bad. He's never said stuff like that. It hurts. It hurts a lot... Mostly because I think some of that may be true...