The Path Of A King

The Path Of A King

By Morningstar

"Princess Zelda, you must behave this time. The meeting among the leaders is a very important one. You were quite rude to King Ganondorf last time he was here..." Starla says, sighing as she helped the young girl get ready.

"I don't like him. He has evil eyes." She says, growling.

Starla sighs, shaking her head. She was the handmaiden to the princess, and she could be hard to handle at times.

"You are not this way to Darunia, or King Zora... Why can't you just be polite to him?" Starla asks, sighing. She helps the young princess put on her head covering, and sighs.

"He must be the reason why I have had my dreams! He is the dark clouds covering Hyrule!" Zelda says, loudly.

"Zelda, you know I believe you about your dreams, but do you really believe that Ganondorf is the reason for it? He is just one man..." Starla says, opening the door.

"He wants the Triforce, Starla. With it, he will ruin Hyrule." Zelda says, walking out. Starla held in her sigh, and follows the princess. Her outfit flowed behind her, the colors of blue and purple fading into each other.

"You go on and get some breakfast. I will be at your side in a few moments." Starla says, Zelda nodding before running off. Starla smiled slightly, before turning and walking right into a larger form. She falls to the ground, her cowl falling back to reveal her long, sunshine like hair, before looking up in shock. It was King Ganondorf of the Gerudo Tribe. His red hair looked like flames, his crown like one of thorns, and his golden eyes filled with ambition, power, and intelligence. His armor was one built for war, made of the strongest materials. His look was one of amusement, looking down at her.

"Forgive me, Lord Ganondorf. I should be more observant." She says, her voice soft and slightly shaky.

"It is I who should apologize, young one..." He lumbers, holding out a hand. She gingerly takes it, before being pulled up. She brushes herself off, before bowing to the male.

"Thank you, King Ganondorf." She says, hearing the male chuckle.

"I must go, young one... Maybe I'll see you around..." He says, smirking before he left.

"Goddesses..." She murmurs, before heading for the gardens. She knew that her sister, Darcla, would be there. She finally made it there, looking around for her sister, not wanting to call out for her as her sister told her not to yell in the garden as it might hurt the animals . She whistled a tune, hearing the same tune whistled back from a nearby tree. Starla looked up it to see her sister caring for a small bird, probably one that had gotten hurt. Her sister's short brown hair was messy and she constantly was fixing her hat. "Hello, Darcla."

Darcla looked down, smiling as she put the injured bird back in it's nest and she jumped down, landing gently on her feet. She was slightly messy, her green and brown dress having dirt spots on it. She smiled at Starla, nodding.

"Have you been doing a good job tending to the gardens?" She asks, smiling. Darcla was 3 years younger than her 19 year old sister, and hardly talked around anyone other than her sister. Darcla nodded once more, taking her sister's hand and leading her to the secret garden in the castle.

Once they got there, Darcla brought her to the little window in the room which showed the throne room. Inside was the King of Hyrule, Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule the fourth, and walking up to him was none other than King Ganondorf himself.

"I ran into him earlier." Starla says, pointing to Ganondorf. "I was so embarrassed... But he didn't take offense to it. He calmly helped me up, and walked off. Such a mysterious male... I wish I knew more about the Gerudos."