The Path of a Queen: Part 1

An old man walks deep into Faron Forest, down to its darkest depths, into the monster's favorite dwelling places. The man wore a weathered old crown, and tattered robes. He knew to regain his title, he would have to partially destroy Hyrule, and summon an ancient spirit to overthrow the demon king and his estranged daughter.

"Who dares to disturb my slumber?"

"I, the old King of Hyrule!" He calls out.

"What do you seek in your journey here?"

"I want the demon king gone, and my throne reclaimed." He says, looking at the massive sealing stone.

"The demon king is very powerful..."

"I believe you will be able to do it."

"What do you bring for a trade?"

"I offer you freedom from your prison, and your own kingdom, once I come back into power. I will also grant you the hand of my daughter, Princess Zelda." He says, feeling uneasy.

"I agree to this trade. Let me out and I shall show you how things are done."

The old King nods, and raises his hand. The sealing stone clashes three times, before collapsing, leaving a tall, purple man standing in its place.

"You will not regret this... Or maybe you will... Depends on how much you want your kingdom back." The purple man says, laughing.

"Just get to work, Vaati." He says, annoyed at this wizard.

"I'll need to build an army first... Should take me only a day or two but it will be worth it in the end... After this, you'll control half of it..."

"Sounds good. Now, there is no harming of my daughter. She is... Misguided, but she will be retaught what is correct in the world." The King says, shifting his weight.

"Alright... Whatever you say..." Vaati says, smirking before disappearing to begin his army.

Starla woke to a beautiful sunrise outside her balcony. She smiles softly, rubbing her face on the pillow before sitting up, yawning. Her wedding only a few days away, everyone had been busy and excited about it, it going to be the biggest wedding in the history of Hyrule.

"Hello my beautiful princess..." A familiar dark voice said behind her, smirking.

"Good morning my king... " she answers, turning to face her fiancée.

"How did you sleep?" He asks.

"Perfectly..." She says, smiling at him. "Did you sleep well?"

"With you by my side... I always do.."

"Are you excited for our wedding?" She asks, curling up to his side.

"Of course... Why wouldn't I be?" He says, kissing her forehead.

"I don't know... I am a bit nervous... We will be joined together... King and Queen..." She says, blushing. "I hope I am a good Queen."

"You will be an amazing queen... But most of all... You will be my queen..."

She giggles at his enthusiasm at that thought, before laughing at his cute look.

"You are too much, my King. I love you so." She says, kissing his cheek before getting up. "We have a stage wedding today..."

"I know... Darcla and Volga are going to join too, right?"

"Of course. Syti and Proxi is suppose to join us as well..." she says, nodding.