Chapter 60

I do not condone the hacking of the Department, or any other server that doesn't belong to you. Please do not hack the Department of Defense. 

Ravil sat at the computer, with Thing 1 on one side and Thing 2 on the other. 

"Well, what are you waiting for?" Thing 2 asked. 

Ravil stared blankly at the code he'd written. Then, he made a decision. 

He gave up. With a single click of the mouse, he flipped the killswitch and watched as the Department's servers fell offline, one by one, following each other into a sort of digital limbo. His virus changed all the passwords, essentially locking the government out of its own network. Then, he ordered the systems to relay all their information back to him, and they did. Soon, he'd know everything, and so would President Larionova. To add insult to injury, he set it up so that whenever the Department's email servers received a message, the inboxes would be flooded by thousands of spam messages, too, drowning out the important things. 

He remotely fried a couple of their computers, then pulled his hands away from the keyboard.

"Will that be sufficient?" He asked. 

"It's more than sufficient," said Thing 1.

"It's brilliant!" Thing 2 exclaimed. 

"Take him back to his cell." Thing 1 ordered. "And get him some food, would you?" 

"Of course." Thing 2 replied, grabbing Ravil's arm and pulling him out of the chair and out of the room.