Chapter 105

When they got home, Artem made two bowls of instant noodles. One for Ravil, and one for himself. They sat down at the table, but Ravil didn't eat much. Artem didn't press him or ask about it. They'd both been through hell these past few days, and the dark rings beneath Ravil's emerald eyes confirmed it. 

"I had another flashback," Ravil said, breaking the silence. He met Artem's blue gaze. "It was...two people. I-I didn't see their faces. I don't know who they are." 

"Maybe your parents?" Artem suggested, lifting an eyebrow. 

"N-no, I would've recognized them...And besides, my parents are fakes. Planted by Russia." Ravil said. 

"If they were fakes, who are your real ones?" Artem asked. 

Ravil shrugged halfheartedly. "I don't know. But I know the mother that died and the father who came home drunk and tried to kill me...I've no blood relation to them. I never even resembled them." 

"I'm sorry." Artem said. "Well, at leas they're not here anymore. You have me."

Ravil nodded.

"You done with those noodles?" Artem asked, tipping his head at the bowl of ramen that Ravil had barely touched. 

"Yeah." Ravil said. "I'm tired; think I'll go to bed early tonight." 

"Hmm. Me too." Artem answered, standing and taking his empty bowl to the sink. 

A brief dessert consisted of Soya bars, and afterwards, the two boys curled up on the couch together and slept, just like the old days.