Chapter 6

Hey guys. Quick author's note. I decided to make this chapter really awkward with the two. Just a warning! ;)

Anne's POV

      All I remember after getting tortured was him shoving me back into my room. A splitting headache. Mary cleaning me up, and showing Jake how to help me. Jake looking terrified and worried. Concerned about me. That confused me. We hadn't met before this. We weren't particularly friends. But he cared for me. The more I thought about it, the more I realized, I cared about him too. But also, the more I though, the more the room became darker, and my thoughts became more hazy. Eventually every thing went black.

Third person

Anne stirrs in her cot. Jake os wide awake on the bed watching her. Anne slowly opened her eyes and blinked. Jake shot up and dashed to her side. Kneeling he asked,
      "Anne! Are you okay??"
Anne winced at how loud his voice sounded.
      "I think I am. It feels like a mini army is trying to pound it's way into my brain though." He muttered.
Jake nodded.
      "Yeah, Mary said you would have a headache. I'm not sure if I should give you painkillers or not." He replied.
Anne sighed.
      "Okay then."

Jake's POV

Anne looked like her head really hurt. I'm worried. I hope Mary gets here soon. Shuddering, I remembered Mary telling me to check her bandages in the morning and change them.
      "Anne... I'm going to have to change your bandages. Mary will throw a fit if I don't." I announced awkwardly.
Anne looked reluctant.
      "I believe know how to change them. I can do it." She replied.
Relieved, I said,
      "Okay. Tell me if you need help."
She knows how to do it. Thank God. I turned away and stared out the window.

      I heard Anne struggling behind me. I didn't turn around, so I could give her privacy. Then she spoke.
      "Uh... I can't really get my shirt off, because it hurts when I lift my arms."
I turned around. Her face was pink.
      "Okay, I can help you." I replied easily.
I walk over to her and help her take her shirt off. 

Anne's POV

      I didn't like asking him to help me. I felt weak and self-conscious. Once my shirt was off, he turned around and walked over to the window.
      "Uh... thanks." I felt awkward thanking him.
      He replied, "You're welcome."
I started unwrapping my wounds. It was difficult but I managed. I wasn't going to ask for help again. Somehow I managed.
      "Hey, uh, Jake?" I asked.
His head slightly jolted up.
      "Yeah?" He asked.
      "Could you grab a shirt for me?" I replied, shifting my weight on the bed. He turned around.
       "Yeah, sure." He answered, walking over to the dresser and rummaged around for a bit. Then he pulled out a beautiful dark blue shirt, with ruffles and black lace. He walk over to me and helped me put the shirt on. You could pretty much cut the silence with a knife it was so thick.
      At the door there was a small knock. Jake's personal trainer walked in, and saw Jake helping me put on a shirt.

Jake's Personal Trainer POV

I walked in and Jake was helping the girl put on a shirt. Before they got it on all the way, I saw bandages on her chest. "What happened??" The girl looked up. "Oh, uh.. some people yesterday took me into a room and tortured me." She attempted to sit up straighter and said. "No big deal." My gaze narrowed in fury. "No big deal?!?! You can't put on a shirt because you're so hurt and all you say is NO BIG DEAL?!?!?"
I stormed out of the door, and almost ran smack into my boss. I yelled. "Were they supposed to torture the girl?!?!?" My boss looked surprised, "Torture the girl? They were supposed to leave her alone, and let Mary care for her!" Enraged I yelled "WELL THEY TORTURED HER!!!" My boss pushed past me and said to the girl, "Show me where they hit you." The girl obeyed and lifted her shirt up so he could see the already bloodstained bandages. My boss turned around and looked furious. "Well I guess they are spending some time in the dungeons." He walked out.
__________________
Well that chapter was eventful. Hope you guys liked it. Sorry for the awkwardness.