Prologue-Nico

All rights go to Rick Riordan

"Mama! Papa!" I screamed. I was only around five and their was a roaring fire surrounding our house inside and outside.

"Who the hell set this fire Maria!"  My papa questioned.

"Nico Bianca,babies everything is going to be okay, don't worry about us, we will be fine, go to the nice firemen." My mama ordered.

We jumped out the window as our mama ordered, safely into the fireman's arms as the whole building collapsed.

Onto everything we loved.

Including our parents.

We were now being sent to foster homes as we had no other family.

At the foster home

Run, run.

Faster you need to help Bianca!

What did that text even mean.

'Don't come back'

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

If she texts me that, obviously I'm gonna come back.

I rush through the door, curiosity overflowing my ten year old body.

"B-Bianca!" I call as I see her in a pool of blood surrounding her, what the hell have they done to her now.

Angered flared around my body.

I couldn't scream, they would hear me and hurt me for making to much noise.

"Run, they're coming, they're crazy, they'll kill you!" She said, running out of breath as there was a knife sticking out of her torso.

"Bianca, how will I live?!  I should have been here I would have protected you!" I whisper.

She lets out a half hearted laugh. "I'm not gonna live long Nico, save yourself."

"Bianca I can't I love you to much to let you go, papa and mama have gone, I can't leave you too!" I exclaim.

I turned around to see my psychotic foster dad holding a knife in an aggressive way.

"Run!" Bianca screamed.

I did as she wished.

I ran out the backdoor with all my might, hearing the last scream of Bianca, with a sickening squelch of blood.

I can't stop. I thought to my self.

Bianca told you to run, it was her last wish.

Tears cascaded down my eyes as I ran for my life, wishing to end it then and there. I told Bianca I would run.

I ran into the middle of the street and ran into a women around twenty - twenty-two.

"Hey kid watch where your going!" She shouted, then realizing my face and the blood on my hands.

"Oh my gods are you okay!" She asked. "What's your name sweetheart?"

"I-I'm Nico." I said shocked that she was being nice after all the years of abuse me and my sister had.

"Did you trip your hands are all bloody." She questioned.

I started bawling my eyes out as she took me to her apartment, it was cozy, small. Large enough for about one or two.

"What happened?" She asked.

"I-I was in an abusive foster home," I said  as I saw her face change to shock. "He- he killed my sister!" I cried out.

She hugged me, at this point was the most loved I had felt in a long long time.

"What about the foster dad?" She asked.

"He chased me with a knife. Until he heard Bianca scream, then stabbed her again." I said my eyes glassy.

I would never forget that moment.

"Well there is a foster centre near here, I'll take you there tomorrow. Is that okay?"

I nodded in reply as she walked off.

I fell asleep on the couch.

As we walked to the foster centre, I was given a new family assigned to me, I didn't know it was going to be a hell hole as well.

I went around for a while, living at different foster homes, most of them abusive, some of them really nice until I had to leave.

I was being sent away from another abusive family, I got in the car with Percy, a black haired, sea green eyed boy who was a few years older than me as he drove me around a few times.

"Your fifteen now right Nico?" He asked.

"Yeah," I replied.

"How many foster homes have you been in?" This hit a hard spot.

"Around nine at most, seven at least."

"I see."  We drove in silence to the house.

"Hey I might drive you again sometime eh?" He questioned.

"Yeah probably perce, probably gonna be another abusive home anyway, see you soon."

I walked up to the door, and knocked on it.

It was answered by a guy around my age, who was very hot.