Part VI

Nico's POV
I awake to the sound of whistling, a happy tune that reminds of spring, a new life for many animals. Just like it is for me. Will's stood over me, looking down at me with a confused look. "Are you okay?" He sounds worried, as if I was that frail he would kill me with just words. I nod my head, trying to reassure him I sit up, wiping my still wet cheeks.
                    "I had to carry you to your bed, if you can even call it that. You were that tired you basically collapsed." Will shook his head, as if he thought this was all a dream. "But I'd just woken up when you came in. How could I be tired?" I said while rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. "No idea death boy. I wasn't the one who collapsed." Will chuckled to himself, still enjoying the new nickname he'd given me. "Anyway, we have to get ready, my mom's going to kill us if we're not downstairs by ten. And that's in five minutes." I look at the clock and sure enough as Will said, it's five too.

Will's POV
Nico hurriedly got dressed before we walked down stairs into the monsters den. My mother, sat on the arm chair, passed out from the shear amount of alcohol she had. It's a wonder she's not died from alcohol poisoning. I hear Nico breaths sigh of relief while staring at my nearly lifeless mother. Though I never once thought of her as one. Not since she hurt me and will hurt Nico. She's only using him for the money, to buy more spirits to drown her sorrows in.

"When does she usually wake up?" Nico asked me timidly, making a really cute face, he was dressed in an all black T and black pants that complimented his olive skin. His hair was still a mess and he had dark circles under his eyes. Despite that, he was still one of the cutest people he has ever seen. Maybe even the cutest.

"I have to make breakfast first, she'll also get mad at me if she doesn't have food to soothe her hangover. I stare at the ceiling, wondering what life would be like if I had a love able family, a blood sister would be nice, somebody I could tell all my secrets too without the fear of them being told to anybody else. Maybe in time, I could tell Nico all of mine.
Nico grabs the jam out of the fridge while I get the bread to put in the toaster. The toast came out burnt, burnt enough to set the smoke alarm off. A frustrated groan echoes around the silent house. Me and Nico now paralyzed, unable to move because we had just awoken the monster. That monster being my own motherhood was going to kill both of us.