Chapter 1

Running. Running. Running. Its all I can think of, matching my too loud heartbeat. I have to get away.

I see mt Ebott in the distance and remember something. All who go in are never found or seen again and apparently there's a hole in the center.

I hear the shouts behind me getting closer. There's no turning back now. I get to the hole and stop, turning around. I look at the humans chasing me. "I'll see you all in hell" I hiss. I turn back around and dive into the hole.

I don't bother shifting into anything. I just let myself fall. You never know, I think, maybe death will be nice.

I close my eyes, the last thing I see is my (h/c) hair blowing around me as I fall.

~Flashback 4 years ago~

I look around the place my dad took me. "Dad what is this place?" I ask him. "This is my lab sweetheart. I need your help with something." "With what?"

He picks me up, puts me on a table and starts to put needles and stuff in me. "You know those horrible monsters that live underground? Well someone important asked me to help get rid of them once and for all. But, we can't just destroy the mountain can we? So I'm going to use you to get rid of them." "Uhhh I'm not sure about this. What if the monsters are friendly?" "They are monsters honey. They don't know how to be friendly. Now this will only hurt a little." "No stop! Ow! Dad I don't want to do this."
I start struggling but as soon as I do he injects something in me and I get really dizzy and pass out.

~Flashback end~

I wake up lying on something soft and open my eyes. The first thing I see is the hole I fell from. "Why aren't I dead?" I think out loud.

"That's not a nice thing to say my child" a calm voice says. I sit up and look around.

In the corner of my eye I see a yellow flower glaring at me and ignore it.

I see a goat looking woman kneeling down beside me. "Who are you?" I ask her. I feel like I should be afraid because she's a monster. but... all I feel around this woman is kindness.

"I am Toriel. Caretaker of the ruins. Please, follow me." She says smiling. She leads me through a variety of puzzles until we reach a door. We go in. It... feels like home. Something I haven't felt since a long time ago. I smile.

A/N: Sorry it's so short. I'm on a mini holiday right now and theres no wifi. I'm doing this at McDonalds so I don't have long. Anyways I hope you enjoyed! I wanted to do something different with this story so Kia ngahau me te poroporoaki!