Chapter 1

I rush down the stairs of the subway in a massive rush. The train to my work left me yesterday and I arrived almost an hour late, almost costing me my job. It was not goin to leave me today. I run to the shortest line and slide my card through. I quickly run to the train which's doors are already closing and smoothly slide right in. Once I'm inside the train, I put my arms on my knees and take a deep breath between pants.

I scan the subway for any available seats, but like always, its full. I grab the railing and feel the train start to move. After 2 minutes or so I turn around and notice something, more like someone, new. She's wearing black skinny jeans, a black jacket with the hoodie pulled over her head, and the only things visible is her black hair coming out of the hoodie and the thin white line of earphones coming from inside her jacket, and going on until it reaches her hand, that is grabbing an iPhone. She looks up and I quickly whip my head back to start directly at the front. I was only able to catch a pair of deep blue eyes.

I try to stay focused of looking forward and concentrating on work, but I can feel the girl's blue eyes piercing at my back, giving me an uneasy feeling.

*~*~*~*

"Jonah, hey!" My boss greets me as he walks into my office, and I turn my chair to face him with a big smile, even though on my insides I'm just rolling my eyes in annoyance. "How are you feeling?" He asks me and I nod my head.

"I'm feeling good Mr. Lockwood, how about you?" I ask him back and smile slightly, just to be polite.

"Actually Jonah I'm not that good. Want to know why? Well, remember that manuscript you were supposed to hand in two days ago? Its still not in my desk Jonah. Why is it not in my desk?" He asks me as he folds his arms across his chest and sighs, eyeing me carefully, almost as if he was waiting for me to make a single move that would give out the fact that I'm still not done with it.

"I assure you its going to be on your desk by the end of the day Mr. Lockwood" I tell him and show him a full-teeth smile, hoping he believes me.

"I hope so Jonah, I would hate to see you lose your job" He says before patting my shoulder and leaving my office.

Okay, to be completely honest, I'm not even halfway through writing that book. I just don't have the inspiration or the objectives to write this book. It sucks. And I'm going to need to keep stalling it until I finish it, or I'm going to have to start from zero and come up with a really good explanation on why I decided to do that, when I was supposed to hand this says ago. 

I try to stay calm and search into my mind for that big, bright, sign in my head that screams INSPIRATION to go off, but it doesn't happen.

Since my mind wasn't helping with the whole writing process, I decided to try the best way for me to get inspiration. Listen to music, to be specific, Ed Sheeran. Now, don't think I'm not manly because I listen to his songs or anything, I just really like his sad and romantic lyrics. They hit a special spot in my heart, and my brain. 

As I listen to song past song past song, and still not a single idea has come to mind, I simple close my computer, shutting off Ed, my unfinished book, and the demands of my boss behind me. I take out the book I'm currently re-reading, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, and indulge myself into it.

I read and read and read until I hear someone knocking and opening the door, and I quickly set the book aside and open my computer to look like I was just writing something important on it, scared that it might be my boss.

When I look up and realize that its actually just my girlfriend, Anna, I let out a sigh of relief and put my hand flat on my chest.

"Baby you scared me. I thought you were Mr. Lockwood" I tell he and she laughs while closing my office door and sitting on the desk. Me and Anna met at work. She started working a few months after I did, and since we work in the same branch, I took the liberty to show her the ropes of the office. Well, I didn't actually offered to show her, more like Mr. Lockwood made me, but she doesn't need to know that, does she?

I slide my chair so that its positioned between her legs and she leans down to place a quick kiss on my lips.

"This is so unprofessional you know?" She says laughing and rolling her eyes, repeating the comments every single coworker of us tells us.

"I don't care you know?" I respond, earning a smile from her and a kiss. I move my chair back and she stands up.

"Lets go have lunch. I'm starving" She tells me and I shake my head.

"I can't even go out this tiny office for today. I have to give this manuscript to Mr. Lockwood and I'm not even halfway through it. I was supposed to hand it in two days ago, and I just can't find the inspiration to write it. I'm so frustrated. This stupid manuscript could cost me my job" I tell her while rubbing my hands through my face.

"Please? I'll give you some ideas while we're having lunch. Please join me" She tells me while pulling her pouty face. I can't say no to her pouty face.

I grab my coat from behind the chair and stand up.

"Lets go then" I tell her while opening the office door for her.

*~*~*

We decided on this little hot dog place around the corner. We order our hot dogs and sit on the plastic chair waiting for our names to get called.

"So tell me about this new book of yours. Maybe I can help" Anna tells me and I narrate the shitty plot to her.

Basically, the story is about 2 girls, sisters, who travel to Spain, Barcelona together. One day when they were visiting La Sagrada Familia, they went on complete separate ways, and got lost in the big city. Thats all I have.

"You have nothing else?" Anna asks me biting on the tip of her thumb, a nervous habit I've noticed about her.

"No. I told you I'm fucked" I tell her and sigh, while tugging the roots of my hair with my hands.

"That you are" She says while standing up to pick the hot dogs and I quickly go and help her with the drinks.

"Wow thanks for the support. Such an amazing girlfriend I have" I tell her and she giggles. So adorable. 

"I'm sorry but I'm just being honest, would you prefer an honest or a lying girlfriend?" She asks me and I smile.

"In this case scenario I would prefer a lying girlfriend, thank you" I tell her and she rolls her eyes. God, she's so gorgeous.

"Well I'm not a liar so if you want a liar for a girlfriend I would suggest you look somewhere else" She tells me and I nod in understanding, before whipping my head the sides, looking for any girl in sight.

"Fuck, no girls in sight. Guess I'll just have to stick with you for now. Tragic" I say while shrugging my shoulders.

"Haha funny. Keep it like that and not even me you'll have" She tells me and I laugh while leaning in to kiss her ketchup lips.