Chapter 6

I stand in the train, looking at my sides trying to find Violet, but seeing no signs of her. Maybe she's running late, right? The train doors and I sigh. She's probably still with Anna. At least thats what I prefer to think. As I think more about Anna and Violet, I realize I know nothing about her. I only know she lives in an abusive home, and her name. Not even her last name, her exact age, or anything really. Well, if that was the only information she gave me its probably because thats all the information she wants me to know for the moment.

The doors opens again signaling we're here, and I step out and head to work.

*~*~*

As soon as I get through the doors, I look for Anna. I go to her little office but see that she hasn't arrived yet. I call her phone but she doesn't answer, and in that second she comes walking through the big glass doors. I walk to her and greet her with a hug and a small kiss.

"Hello gorgeous" I tell her and she blushes.

"Hello, how are you?" She asks me smiling and I nod my head.

"I'm fine how about you? Had fun at your little pj party last night?" I ask her wiggling my eyebrows and she swats my arm playfully, while a giggle escapes her lips.

"I'm fine and it was good. We bought clothes. We talked" She tells me and I nod my head waiting for her to tell me more, but she doesn't so I just decide to ask her.

"What did you guys talk about? Anything interesting?" I ask her and shrug my shoulders "Was I the main topic?" I ask her playfully and she laughs hysterically.

"Sure baby, we talked about you all night and how handsome you are, and smart, and how you drive us both insane. The usual" She tells me and I laugh while pushing her slightly with my shoulder against hers.

"Seriously, what did you guys talk about?" I ask her and she smiles nervously while shrugging her shoulders and the question off.

"Nothing to worry about baby" She tells me before kissing me quickly and walking to her office, and I walk to mine.

*~*~*

When I reach my floor, I see Violet sitting outside my door with an overly-annoyed look on her face.

"Thank God! I thought you were never gonna come!" She tells me before standing up and shaking the dust off her jeans. "Thanks for letting me stay here tonight. Tomorrow I'll go back to my house and out of your hair I promise" She tells me smiling and I shake my head.

"You don't need to. It's nice to have company again" I tell her and she shrugs her shoulders.

"I need to finish some work too. I mean, that's kinda the reason my mom kicked me out" She tells me as we enter the apartment.

"What work?" I ask her curious and regret flashes through her eyes.

"Oh nothing. Its nothing. Just... Stuff" She says while forcing a smile and I walk towards the kitchen, looking for anything to eat.

"You want anything?" I ask her looking through the drawers, but when I find nothing, I take out my phone look for Domino's number. "I'm ordering pizza. There's nothing here" I tell her and she nods. "What pizza do you like?" I ask her and she shrugs her shoulders.

"I like any kind of pizza, as long as its not plain cheese" She tells me and I nod my head smiling.

*~*~*~*

We eat the Hawaiian pizza while watching reruns of How I Met Your Mother, but I turn the tv off, because I wasn't even paying attention to the show.

"HEY! I was watching that!" She says laughing and throwing her crust at me. I laugh and turn to face her.

"We need to talk. Serious talk" I tell her once both our laughter stops and she blinks. "What is that job you were talking about? I know I'm in no place to ask but you're still 15 years old an-"

"16 and a half" She cuts me off while rolling her eyes, showing how annoyed she is that I still get her age wrong.

"16 and a half, whatever. If you don't want to tell me its because of something and if you're doing something dumb like prostitution, or anything like that, I'm not going to let you go back. Just so you know" I tell her and she looks at the floor.

"It's not prostitution. I have a boyfriend. Well, we broke up last Saturday, but I still love him" She tells me, her voice cracking at the end, and I feel instantly bad.

"Shit I'm sorry, I didn't know. Forgive me" I tell her but she just keeps on looking at the floor for a few more seconds, before meeting my eyes with the most fake smile I've ever seen plastered on her face.  

"I'm just gonna go to sleep. I'm tired and its late" She tells me before standing up and going to her room.

Once I hear the lock click, I quickly take out my backpack and out of it my computer. I quickly write Google.com and write her name and last name, Violet Hudson, trying to find anything about her life, her, or her family.