Chapter 10

Weeks has passed and still no signs of Violet and an uneasy feeling builds up inside of me. It's not that I don't care for her, because I do, but so many problems has come into my life since I met her, I don't want to look for her and for all that trouble to come back to my life, because this few weeks has been marvelous for me and Anna. She's been staying at my flat 3 days a week without counting week-ends, I was named head of my branch, and got a raise, all of this in a matter of weeks. But even with all this great things happening to me, that uneasy feeling of Violet hasn't left the pit of my stomach.

I stand up from the couch and soon I'm out of the house and walking to the train station. I take out my phone and check the time. 8 pm. Its not too late. Maybe she's not even home for all I know. I'm just gonna knock on the door and ask for her, if she's not there I'll go peacefully back to my place and forget everything.

As soon as I step foot in the train I notice I'm all alone. Violet is not here. And she hasn't been here for weeks. That just makes the worry grow, and I gulp hard, trying to suppress the nervousness and worry that's soon to take over me. I tap my feet fast against the ground calming my nerves, but this train ride is seriously taking forever.

It feels like ages when the train finally signals I arrived to the terminal I followed Violet out from and I stand up quickly, ready to be out that door.

I rush up the stairs, skipping steps, in a desperate way, reading and anxious to see Violet. Just to make sure she's okay.

I try to follow the route from what I remember from that night, but I barely recall any of the night, less alone remember the turns and alleys I took to get there.

I take turns and more turns until I finally accept that I'm lost. I keep walking and walking until I notice the narrow path I took behind Violet to her house and as I keep walking, I make the silhouettes of the houses one next to other. In this dark and from afar, the neighborhood looks like any other. With its perfect families inside their perfect houses, but I know better and I know that this neighborhood and the people living in it is everything but perfect.

I keep on walking, and before long, I make out Violet's house. I gather all the courage in me and walk towards it. When I'm in front of it I take another big inhale and knock on the door. And I knock again. And again. When I finally decide to turn around and go home, a woman, who in my opinion looked awful, with red bloodshot eyes, and a yellow-teeth smirk.

"Well hello handsome. What can I help you with?" She asks before taking an inhale of a cigarette I haven't noticed before.

"Well hello to you too, I was wondering if you could tell me where Violet is. I really need to speak to her. In a matter of urgency" I tell the woman and her smile drops, replaced with a growl, and the look in her eyes changes to something dark and gives me the vibe of danger.

"That little fucker? Why would you want to see her when you have me in front of you?" She says in a confident voice and my insides take a fast turn, I feel like I might throw up.

"Miss please I really need to speak to her" I asking her again, hoping she'll come to her senses and just call her.

"Well tough luck pretty boy. She hasn't been here since last night" She tells me and I sigh in frustration.

"Well could you at least tell me where she is or give her a call or something?" I ask her again hoping she'll give me something but she just stands there with the same scowl on her face.

"No. Sorry. But good luck finding her, and if you do tell her I want her immediately here" She tells me before throwing the door hard at my face and I sight in frustration, and stay there a few more seconds, completely paralyzed. 

I force my feet to move and as I'm walking out of the neighborhood I stumble into someone. When I look up to see who it is, I see Violet still stumbling, and even if she's a few feet from me and her mouth is closed, I can smell the alcohol on her breathe.

"Jonah? What the fuck are you doing here?"  She asks me while giggling like a mad person and I grab her hand.

"We're going to my house" I say and start to pull her before she could protest and escape my grip.