Ch. 5

Stabler/Meloni Household

Elliot had gathered the family in the kitchen to talk to them about what was happening. He sighed softly and cleared his throat, “Guys, Olivia and Cragen are here.” he told them softly. “Wait really?” Dickie asked his eyes widening. He had always had a crush on Olivia and he was super sad when they left, not just because he would be leaving his entire life behind, but he would also miss the hot cocoa and time he shared with Olivia while the kids waited for Elliot to be done with his shift. Elliot nodded his response and continued, “Cragen and I are co-coaching this years football team, as well as the track team, so yes kids you will be seeing him, Olivia is teaching swim lessons, which your mother already enrolled Eli and Lizzie in when we got here. So yes you’ll be seeing her as well.” he stated and smiled seeing his kids get excited, Kathy cleared her throat, “Elliot can I speak with you in the kitchen?” she asked lowly, “Now.” she growled as she got up going to the kitchen. 

She was seething. She had been so happy that they were starting over, that she could finally spend some time with Elliot alone. But of course, like her marriage, Olivia had to come in and ruin it. Oh no, it wasn’t enough she had to worry about the mayor taking her husband, no she had to worry about his work wife of twelve years swooping in and stealing him again. She was livid. 

Elliot met her in the kitchen, “Yes?” he asked and she glared, “Why didn’t you tell me about Olivia? It’s not fair of you to ambush me like that in front of the kids.” she stated angrily but kept her voice low so she didn’t alert the children. “Kathy, it’s not that big of a deal-” he was cut off, “Not that big of a deal! You’re kidding me Elliot Stabler, you know well enough that this is a great big deal, a monumental deal!” she exclaimed but kept it in check for the kids. He sighed “I know you’re upset, but Olivia and Captain being here, isn’t as big of a deal as you’re making it out to be, really, plus, I didn’t even know until this morning.” he stated and she shook her head, “You still should have told me before telling the kids.” she hissed and he shook his head. “I didn’t think about-” he was cut off once more, “Exactly, you didn’t think! Why does she always take priority over me? I am your wife Elliot!” she huffed and he sighed deeply.

This wasn’t the first time they had had the “I am your wife” speech. He could recite it by memory, quote it even. So now every time she gave it he checked out and pretended she was Maureen talking about a boy band he couldn’t care less about. When she finally realized what was happening she slapped him, hard. He held his cheek and glared at her as she stomped out. “That went well.” he mumbled shaking his head and holding his cheek. 

Then he got an idea, he knew Kathy would disagree, but here lately she had disagreed to almost everything he said, so it didn’t matter to him to say the least. 

He went into the living room and sat down with them once more, “What if, we invited Olivia and Cragen over for dinner?” he asked and they nodded excitedly “But the catch is, you guys have to ask your mother if we can.” he said and they nodded quickly racing up the stairs after her. 

Lizzie stayed behind, “Daddy?” she said softly and he turned to her, “Yes, princess?” he asked scooping her up. “I saw Uncle Fin today.” she told him and he looked at her confused. She explained that she had seen him outside of the house next door. Both Fin and Munch had been bringing in groceries this morning. “Are you sure it was them?” he asked confused and she nodded slowly. He nodded and continued holding her. 

Tutuola/Munch/Austin Household

“There’s two bedrooms, one is a master, I get that one.” he stated and Munch rolled his eyes. “Why is that?” he asked, “Because I got us here, so I’m gonna live it up while I can.” “But I have a bad back.” Munch complained and Fin glared “You’re gonna have a busted ass if you keep lyin.” he stated and John rolled his eyes, “You know I could take you.” he stated mischievously, “Yeah, take me to dinner, I’m starvin.” he huffed and they were interrupted by the doorbell “Okay slim shady, get the door.” Fin stated and Munch rolled his eyes once more before opening the door. “Holy shit, I think I see a ghost.” he stated and Elliot laughed “In the flesh.”