Ch. 10

Finding Storybrooke was one of the more difficult tasks that Delgado found. It wasn’t mapped anywhere, there wasn’t anything about it online, it truly was a ghost town. He had to get his informants to give up the location, which didn’t cost him anything but a new pair of shoes. 

When they got there they set up shop immediately on the outskirts of town. They had trucks to store the detectives and from there they were going to head to the nearest landing pad where they would meet with a small plane and head over the border to canada to his summer home on the lake. 

That was the plan anyway, it was getting the detectives that would be the hard part. 

---

It had only been a short couple weeks for Elliot and Olivia, and their relationship was blossoming into something new. Olivia found she enjoyed it especially now that Elliot was divorced. Elliot had went off to work that morning, he didn’t get very many off days, because the mayor wouldn’t allow it. She didn’t take off days so why should her bodyguard. 

Olivia sat on the couch quietly and Cragen sat with her. She cuddled into his side quietly. “I heard Kathy is pregnant.” Don said softly and Olivia’s eyebrows shot up, “Really?” she asked and he nodded, “Yeah, Elliot was talking about it at the football practice.” he said softly and Olivia nodded, “He didn’t tell me.” she admitted and he rubbed her back, “He was probably just trying to find the right time.” he said softly and she just agreed quietly. 

“Olivia?” he asked softly which caught her attention. “Yeah?” she asked softly, “I want to tell you something.” he said softly as he looked down at her and she paused the movie sitting up more. “What’s up?” she asked softly. “I knew your mother Olivia, I was lead detective on her case.” he said softly, “And we dated briefly after you were born.” he said softly and she looked at him confused, “I- Why didn’t you tell me?” she asked softly “I looked over all the evidence cap, I never saw your name.” she whispered and he nodded. “I told Ed to take my name off the case. I did it as soon as you walked through those doors, I knew you would have questions, and I knew that I couldn’t answer them, and I didn’t want you to see me as the guy that left your mother.” he whispered. “Your mother asked me, when you were just starting out, to keep my eye on you, and I feel like I failed you.” he whispered. “You didn’t fail me cap.” she whispered back.

He looked at her quietly and she held her hand on his shoulder quietly. “Why did you leave my mom?” she asked softly realizing he said they dated for a short period. “She drank a lot.” he admitted softly. “I knew it wasn’t right of me to leave you there with her while she was like that, but I was on my own downward path, and I knew you’d be better off with one deadbeat parent instead of two.” he sighed and she nodded understanding. 

“I didn’t want you to go down the same path your mother did, and neither did she.” he admitted softly. She nodded quietly and turned back to the movie. This was a lot to think about, but that was for another day.

---

Elliot was sitting outside on the porch late that night, he debated sitting in his car with his head on the steering wheel but it was too hot outside for that. After finding out about Kathy’s pregnancy he honestly felt lost. He didn’t know what to do, here he was starting a relationship with Olivia and now that’s compromised. Of course he wouldn’t ever tell her to abort the baby, but the thought crossed his mind. 

He sighed looking at his phone screen reading Kathy’s name over and over. He didn’t know if he wanted to talk to her or not, but he thought it would be a good idea to listen to what she had to say and answered it. 

“We have your wife. If you tell anyone, she’s dead. Come to this address.” 

The caller hung up and he looked at his phone with wide eyes. Then read the address sent through text.