Chapter 25 - Tribute Parade

UNIVERSAL P.O.V

The citizens of Panem cheered excitedly as the first chariot pulled out.

Phoxus rolled out on his chariot first. He was dressed as a bricklayer, the same as what his brother dressed as 10 years ago. He wore fancy overalls and carried a brick in one hand, and a brick trowel in the other hand.

The Capitol would love him no matter what he wears - he is a victors brother. Ladies screamed for him. He took off his building hat and through it into the crowd. A man with a purple afro caught the hat and waved it in the air.

Grandis rolled out on his chariot wearing a peacekeeper outfit. He held the helmet above his head, shaking it like you would shake a trophy at a winning sports event. People cheered for him, even though the District 2 tributes are peacekeepers nearly ever year.

Next up was Sage. Sage wore dark overalls and had a button shirt on with the sleeves rolled up. He held a mallet and a chisel high above his head, representing a stonecutter. A nice idea, and a great way to show off Sage's muscles.

Spiro had on the same outfit a Peacekeeper would have, but more modernised and colourful for the Capitol. He didn't wear a helmet. He carried a gun loaded with blanks and began firing at the crowd. Each blank contained a capsule, which would explode above the citizens heads, the Capitol flag spiralling and falling on top of them. They loved it.

Leporis was dressed pretty casually, but had a yellow coat and hat on to show he hadn't come to the Parade as nothing. He had been covered in cement looking paint and he held a finishing trowel in his hand. Original but nothing breathtaking.

Jorge rolled out with his overalls and helmet on, dressed as a brick mason. District 2 stylists had really run out if ideas. Jorge used his trowel to scoop out 'cement' from his bucket. He threw the paste at the crowd. People were showered with the goo. People ate it, and then they realised it was cake mix. Jorge did work at the bakers at home.

Sectus was next. He rolled out wearing blue overalls, a blue hat and he was covered in brown paint. He held a hawk in each hand. He was a plasterer. He smacked the two hawks together, 'plaster' going everywhere.

Last for District 2 was Spikelet. He wore a black apron and carried tongs in one hand and an anvil hammer in the other hand. He clashed them together, metal on metal colliding, and gaining cheers from the crowd.

District 6's first tribute, Cherrie, was wearing an air hostess outfit. She pointed at the crowd's exits, making the citizen double over laughing. The 12-year-old has a chance of getting sponsors.

Tifa was next. She wore a posh red suit with a long skirt and a fancy hat. She was a porter. She carried a suitcase in one hand. She opened it for the crowd to see - there was a portrait of every President since the Games started. It was obvious she hated the President for making her be a part of the games, but she played the roll well. The citizens loved her.

Next was Devon. Devon wore a blue jumper, tie, hat and trousers. He saluted as he rolled passed the crowd. He was an air cadet. He had badges sewn all the way up his arms. His hat had the Capitol symbol on it.

Cresselia wore a yellow shirt with checkered bracers with black trousers and a black hat. She was supposed to be a taxi driver. The closest thing to taxis that District 6 got were trams - unfashionable old taxis. The Capitol get all the taxis.

Aldjoy wore a black suit and hat, and wore a whistle around his neck. He blew the whistle. 'Do, do, do-do-do, do-do-do-do' the Capitol screamed his name at the end. He was a train conductor.

Jackson wore blue overalls and an orange helmet. He had a wrench in one hand and an oil bucket in the other hand. His outfit and face were covered in oil. He was an engineer, just like he was at home.

Lawson wore a helmet and red overalls. He was dressed as a test driver. This is not very funny, seeing as he only had one hand, but he still continued to cheer and pretend to drive the chariot.

Last from District 6 was Carlin. He wore black clothing and the same yellow jacket that most tributes wear. He wore big headphones around his neck and he carried suitcases in both hands. He's a baggage handler.

Now for District 10. First up was Muscida. She wore white clothing, and her hair was in a fishnet. She had a pinstripe apron on and she held a big knife in her hand. She was a butcher. Funny, seeing as her tongue was butchered by her mum.

Next up was Vamos. He wore a jumper and jeans, pretty casual. Out of nowhere, he pulled on a helmet, grabbed a saddle and jumped onto the horse pulling his now empty chariot. The citizens screamed his name and through roses at him.

Stevia wore khaki trousers and a black shirt. She harried a bucket in her hand. The bucket was filled with milk. She waved the bucket above her head, milk flying everywhere.

Duncain wore the stereotypical cow suit that most tributes ended up wearing. However he had altered it. The spots on his body were multicoloured and sparkling, grabbing the attention of the crowd. He had the Capitol symbol branded onto him. He had won the crowd over. That's a first for a cow.

Nitya wore a cowgirl hat, a leather jacket and flared trousers. She waved a rope above her head like a lasso, and then got a whip out, pretending to lash the crowd.

Next was Friary. Friary had latex gloves and a mask on. She wore blue overalls and she had chicken eggs in her hands.

She threw them at the crowd. They all screamed, afraid of being covered in egg. Instead, confetti streamed from the eggs every time it came into contact with a person. They all laughed at the eggs.

Friary's twin, Rupilia, was dressed as a farmer. Her checked shirt was tied up at the front and she wore a cute straw hat. She carried a pitchfork and waved it around laughing.

Last was Astonia. She wore dungarees and she held a brander with the Capitol logo on it. People screamed for her - and Duncain, who had the Capitol mark on his costume.

They lapped the Training Centre again and again, letting the Capitol scream until their voices had disappeared. President Ammon appeared and the anthem began to play. "Welcome to the 2nd minigame of the 500th Annual Hunger Games!" He yelled down the microphone. He talked about the dark days and how great the Capitol is, and then the tributes were pulled into the Training Centre. They won't go outside until the games now.