Rivalry

Chapter 55

Rivalry

Stryker's Island

Lex Luthor was in his cell at Stryker's Island. He was on trial for so many things, he couldn't even remember them all. It was nighttime and Luthor sat in his cell, playing with his hands. He was moving his thumbs around as he stared outside his cell. A guard walked by and saw him sitting on his bed.

"Bed time Luthor." The guard stated as he banged his flashlight against the bars of his cell, "Lie down."

"Yessir." Luthor replied as he laid his body against the hard, green photon.

Luthor stared up at the dark ceiling, smiling. This is how the great Lex Luthor would go down, maybe. Maybe he'd escape or maybe he didn't want to. Nobody knew but him.

Suddenly, a dark silhouette appeared outside Luthor's cell. Red bright lights appeared out of it's eyes and a huge S symbol reflected out of the dark.

"Why are you here?" Luthor asked, knowing who it was.

The figure stepped out of the shadows. A tall, muscular man wearing blue and red with a curl in his hair appeared. "I'm here to ask why. Why lose everything you have to get rid of me?" The figure sounded desperate to know, almost even sad. It's as if he went through the a tragedy because of Luthor.

"Look at yourself in the mirror. Then look at me. You're a threat to people like me." Luthor questioned as he got up from his bed and walked over to the bars.

"No, I'm not. We've been over this before, Luthor." The figure replied, "Why don't you take your own advice? Look at yourself. You're a bully, mad man. You don't hate me. You hate my presence Luthor. The fact that I'm stronger than you is problematic to your pride isn't it?"

"Yes it is!" Luthor shoute. He grabbed the bars holding him inside the cell. "Before you came along, they all worshipped me as if I were a god. You took that from me and I want it back. Lecture me about how I'm so bad. Deep down, I don't give a damn."

The figure paused. "Deep down, your humanity is gone and all you care about is yourself."

Luthor turned to his left and punched the wall, hurting his hand. Luthor was enraged.

"Survival of the fittest, right?" Luthor laughed.

"No, a human being cares for their fellow man. You're just broken Luthor." The figure said.

"No, I'm not. If you think that, then your more stupider that I thought. I crave power. Every human does. All of us are power hungry. There wouldn't be a man on this planet who'd deny the kind of power you have. That's because the human race is a disease, a cancer. I'm just smart enough to see this and take advantage." Luthor told the figure. He paused for a moment, "You know, this relationship you and I have. It's going to go on forever. It's a rivalry. And when I get out of here, you and I are going to go at it again, and again, and again, and again."

"I know and I'll be waiting." The figure stated. He disappeared with a gust of wind following behind him shortly after.

Luthor shouted in his cell, "Run away, Man of Steel. Hide! I will beat you! Your power will be mine again!"