Caged

In everyone else's eyes, you were worthless, lower than dirt. A speck of rubbish, colourless and bland. Not even worth a glance of disgust. Your intelligence was a load of bullshit, your grades the result of teachers pity. Not even the outcasts could be seen with a useless runt like yourself.

People complain about the friend zone?

Try not having even a single friend.

People complain about their family 'issues'?

Try not having any family who loved you.

People complain about being lonely?

What would they say if they have no one? Not a single person to talk to. No one to care about you. Not even anyone to love you.

Being bullied was your lifestyle. Day in, day out. You are abused physically, suffering visible, permanent scars that cover your body. Verbal abuse that fills your mind and  paints your soul. A cage that you couldn't escape.

Your life wasn't just filled with sick jokes. It was one. You were the punch line of an endless joke. You had tried, countless, countless times to break free from the inhuman acts. But no one was that strong. No one had a will strong enough to free themselves when everyone else pushed you deeper into the dungeon.

Even the people who were supposed to free you from the pain just poured salt on your never-ending wounds. Your family. They were supposed to love you. They were supposed to protect and shield you from the agony. They were supposed to help you carry the burden, at least try to soften the blow.

You just couldn't do it alone.

And that's when he came in.

The boy.

The boy who saved you.