Savior

Warm light pours into the darken bathroom, casting a soft yellow glow that fills the corners. Deep, husky breathes rush into the holes of silence that once shrouded the room. Bloodshot eyes, filled with a deep ache, sweep across your grieving body. Your eyes finally, finally meet his.

Iwaizumi Hajime

'Stay with me, [F/N],'

'I'll save you,'

He pleads as he rushes to your side, kneeling in a puddle of warm blood. Pressing a soft hand towel on your aching wrist, he begins to softly whisper.

'I know happened. The bastard posted a status on Facebook 'Haha should have seen the look on runt's face! Priceless! Just broke up in the harshest way possible! Can't wait to tell you guys more, stay tuned!'. I came straight here once I read that. I... I just hoped I was in time...

And I'm so glad I am,'

He concluded with a gentle smile and a loving glint in his green eyes. A ghost of a smile appears on your face too, only he doesn't notice as he's pulling the soaked towel off your wrist. He quickly dries off the edges of the cuts with the edge of the towel before he opens an antibacterial wipe.

'This might sting a little,' he mumbles, glancing at your dull face. He dabs the wipe across the wound with warm, steady fingers.

It isn't long before your looking at your bandaged wrist. He did an amazing job. No, he did more than that. He saved your life.

'T-thank-you, Hajime. I can't tell you grateful I really am. I was so blinded by despair that I couldn't think straight. You saved me,' you whisper with tears of happiness pooling in the corner of your eyes.

He wraps an arm around your shoulders as he whispers, 'I'll take care of you. You can trust me. I promise,'

And with that, he his face toward you, giving you the most beautiful kiss you've ever had. You bring your good arm up to caress his cheek, kissing him back with just as much emotion.

'I love you, [F/N]. I'm sorry I couldn't save you earlier,' he mutters before you can kiss him again.

'Please don't apologise. You're here now. You saved me now. For that I am eternally grateful,'

He kisses you again. Pure simple love flows between the two of you, filling your previously cold body with a burning warmth. The flame of your love burns once again, but this time, it burns brighter than the sun itself, as it is stoked with a passionate, everlasting love.

You pull away for the shortest time to whisper the words only he should hear.

'I love you too, Hajime,'