Them

Tara came out of her room, onto the balcony, of her thirteenth floor apartment. Gazing up over the non existent stars, she yawned. Nature's plans never interested her. She seemed to be worried because her boyfriend hadn't called her.

Underneath her balcony, her childhood best friend, Sara, was reading a newspaper, for she was interested in the conflicting plans. Outside with her, was Matt, her partner in crime, not that they did any.
There was one thing one could say about the both of them. They were mismatched. Brought about by chance, like two different worlds collided for a reason.

Sara was the school's blonde, fat girl with freckles who could always be seen with a book in hand. She was a breathing, walking encyclopedia.
Matt, on the other hand, wasn't the handsome hunk you'd think he would be, he was a tall, lanky boy, with freckles and was famous as the genius junior chessplayer, the state champion. He never touched books, not even before the exams. People often wondered if it was his charm that made teachers give him marks or just his prodigal genes.

The only things common between the two were atheism, freckles and love for Coldplay. Both of them were realists and would often humor and/or horrify people with their opinions.

Another thing could be said about them though, Matt loved eggs as much as Sara hated them. He could eat them any time of any day. Sara loathed engulfing anything that had the possibility of speaking or walking.

The newspaper had said nothing about the unusually calm wind. The only articles that made the front page were of celebrities going to jail for murdering an innocent animal or of horrendous crimes that sent shivers up the spine of even the insane.
The only article worth reading was ' The weekly update on alien invasion ' by Paula and David Arise.
They were the two people Matt and Sara adored. Their theories were intriguing and thought provoking. It was pity that this was going to be their last article. They were being shut down for not getting enough viewership.

"It's so sad that people here are interested in which celebrity is dating whom but not in life's reality." Sara mused.

Staring into the distance, which could only expand up till the skyscraper across the street, Matt snorted.

"Is a celebrity's love life not reality? What has he got to do to get your attention?"
"Firstly, become a better actor and secondly -"
Then it happened.
The doom.

TellurianOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara