She grows pretty fast

"What the hell! Are you trying to get us all killed?" Mat screamed.
"Matt! Look at her!"

Matt's head snapped in her direction following a string of colorful curses that could put a racketeer to shame. Nezto had grown to the size of a football. Her wounds were no longer visible.

"Woah! Why are you growing so fast?"

Nezto looked at herself, as if clueless to their observation. Then her eyes widened as realisation dawned upon her. She grabbed the seat as of to steady herself.

"Sara. Stop the car please."

"We are about to reach home. Look that is my apartment." She pointed at her building.
"We can talk once we're inside. It'll be safer that way." Sara replied, trying to sound calm.
Nezto nodded.
She drove the car to the parking lot.

"Okay, so now that Nezto is no longer inconspicuous, we need a plan to go undetected till the apartment." Sara had in fact pointed out to the need of the hour.
"Well, we could use the stairs for one because nobody uses them. "
"Finally, Matt's genius boy twin is back. Oh! How I have missed you!"
"We should get going before dawn or anybody sees us."
They all nodded in agreement.

The duo wondered if she had grown a little bit more after the conversation. At this rate, maybe, she might become a giant.
They all rushed to the back door, which led to the staircase.

They all climbed up unnoticed, stopping atleast a hundred times for a breather as they weren't particularly a healthy bunch.
They finally reached the twelfth floor.

Sara sneaked out of the staircase first and to avoid suspicion ran to the escalator. She unlocked the door to her apartment and held it wide open. Then the other two ran inside.

Once they were safe, they all sat cross legged on the couch, the duo looking eager for explanation.

Worry was clearly visible on Nezto's face as she explained her sudden spurt.

"Time is moving faster here. I don't know how. This growth takes place over a span of 40 years. I have only been on Earth for a few hours."

"So, if you were here for four hours, you have lived 40 years of your planet?" Matt, the math wiz was back with a bang.

"Time is relative. That is not just a phrase." Sara figured.

"How much more time do you have?" Matt was bold enough to ask. Sara glared at him for his audacity but before Nezto could answer, the fire alarm went off.

Sara and Matt looked at each other with worried looks on their faces.
They couldn't hear any commotion outside, thanks to the large front door.

"She looks like a ball, maybe nobody would bother."
"I apologize on his behalf. He is out of his mind."
"It's okay. I think that it's a marvellous idea."
"Let's get going then. I wouldn't want Sara to die unkissed."
"For the love of God, would you drop it already."
"I dont believe in God, so, no. "

They left the apartment with Nezto nestled carefully in Matt's cupped hands.
The three of them ran down the stairs and outside the building.

Three fire trucks were stationed just outside. The fire was in the apartment just above theirs. It had apparently got started because Tara had lit a lot of candles but the wick wasn't the only thing that got burnt. Her curtains were destroyed. Thankfully, the firemen saved her pet dog.

"Looks like Tara didn't forward those messages after all." Matt mused.
"Shut up, Matt. I just hope she's fine."
People from other surrounding buildings had come down too. They were all crowded in the parking lot, either leaving in their cars or typing away on their high end smart phones.

Nobody glanced at the duo, which was only better for them.