It's pink

A large pink bubblegum ball had apparently crashed and caused all havoc. It was opaque and pink. Round but disappointingly odourless. It defied all theories of thermodynamics and was seemingly unearthly.

Matt wanted to touch it, taste even, but Sara held him back for the 'gum' may be malevolent.

As they drifted closer to the threat, for they weren't the ones who would give up easily, a dark line appeared between the ball and it broke open. None of them moved an inch. Even the wind had stopped to investigate. The crickets had stopped making a noise, the rodents had scurried away.

A light illuminated the contents of the bubble. A jockey and some other buttons, probably for navigation. Behind this gear was a chair and on it was seated a creature like no other.

They were flabbergasted beyond belief. The unimaginable had occurred. They wished at that moment that they had not meddled, that they could just turn back around and run away without 'it' noticing them.
The creature wasn't terrifying, nor was it utterly ugly, neither reptilian like all of the sci-fi movies say.

It was tiny, like a pigmy marmoset, too minuscule for the seat it was in. It was a grey colored, furry ball having translucent jelly like limbs.

As Matt dragged his leg back, his leg landed on a rodent and it bit him. He fell down with a thud, lips sealed, not wanting to wake up the 'monster' with his cries of pain but the thud was enough to wake it up.
It opened its eyes first, too alarmed but tired. Its grey orbs landed on the duo and it swiftly stood up.

"Matt? Matt? What do we do?" Sara whispered, hoping Matt would still be alive.
"You are the brains amongst us two. you decide." Matt replied.

Meanwhile, the grey, furry ball fiddled with the instruments of his bubblegum- ship. It buzzed for few seconds, startling all three, but died down again.