o n e

THE TELL TALE HEART
by: EDGAR ALLAN POE
1843
paragraph 1 of 15

TRUE! --nervous --very, very dreadfully nervous I had been and am; but why will you say that I am mad? The disease had sharpened my senses --not destroyed --not dulled them. Above all was the sense of hearing acute. I heard all things in the heaven and in the earth. I heard many things in hell. How, then, am I mad? Hearken! and observe how healthily --how calmly I can tell you the whole story.

The Red Angel

Chapter One

"Why do they come?"

There was a pause, you could only hear the earth shake as the enemy approached. Not that anybody was scared or even felt remorse for those coming.

"They wish to die."

__________

The fake blonde winked at her Alpha, the fake eyelashes almost falling off her eyelids from very rough previous actions earlier. Though the Alpha took no notice to her attempt at a flirtatious gesture, for she was just a whore to him that had occasional satisfying uses. She was a beauty no doubt, but she was just a bruised and broken girl. No sob story about dead parents or living a ppor life, or to rich and didnt like. She had a content childhood and recived a normal amount of attention. Though some people are madder than the voices in their heads.

"Grace."

She looked up hopefully shot him with a killer smile, but the smile was shot right back down.

"Close the door as you leave."

Before she could reply.

"Thank you."

Grace nodded not saying anything and walked out of the room dead, the silence killed her long ago and she was just the appirition of the girl who took her place 2 years ago.

I came out from another bedroom door and walked right in front of her as she closed the doors and turned around. The breath was caught in her throat as she starred at me wide eyes. I didn't say anything except stare at her.

"I am sorry." I played with the ends of her hair gently, causing her to stiffen. Scardy cat. "I need to be on the inside of this."

I jabbed the knife edged with gold into her gut, causing blood to come from her mouth so she couldn't scream for help. The only noise was the thud her knees made when she hit the ground like a sack of bricks. "I'm sorry." I whispered as a tear fell down the side of my left cheek and onto her hair. She smiled up at me with all the life she ever obtained right in it. "All is forgiven." Her cold hand slowly made its way up to caress the side of my face, and I leaned into her kind touch.

"There is evil, and you have been saved. For you have shown death as your mercy. Be without fear in the face of your enemies, be brave and upright God may love the, speak the truth even if it leads to your death, save God the helpless and do no wrong, this is your oath. And evermore may death be your mercy." I laid her body down gently, still she smiled and starred into my hollow, lifeless eyes with the look of pain and relief.

For one last time, "Thank you." Her eyes gently closed and the grip she held on my bicep loosened until it was comepletly free of her petite hand.

"God's Angels guard and keep you All the way that you must travel Till earth's days are past When blossoms fade and Time is fleeting fast In times of purest joy Or pain and fear God's Angels guard And keep you safe." Leaning down gently I kissed Grace on the forhead, and crossed her arms over her deveopled chest.

"I will see you soon." I wasn't speaking to young Grace though. I lightly knocked on the door and kept my head down starring at her body, quickly I ran down the hall before her opened the door and saw me.

The door swung open and he walked out angry, the hell fire in his black eyes. For his apperance shook me to the core and made me cower in fear. He sniffed the air and looked down at her body with no remorse. He just smelled around her and smiled.

"Find this smell!"

He stepped over her dead body as if it was nothing.

"My mate has come."