Chapter Five

Chapter Five

~Recap~

Derek?" I ask.

"Hmm." He replies nuzzling my neck with his nose.

"What is a mate?"

~~

He abruptly stopped kissing my neck. "A mate is a person that is made for on another." I lay there silently waiting for him to tell me more. "The chance that you find your mate is one in eight billion. You are my one in eight billion."

"But what else is there to it?" I ask crawling under the covers of my bed.

"You have all of your mates knowledge, combat skills, because you are only as strong as your mate. That leads into another parts if the other mate qualifies for a position after one has received another the will rise or fall to that position. If we are with each other we will have full control. We can feel the others pain. What else is there... Oh yeah I almost forgot the most important one the female always joins the males pack." He finishes listing them off the top of his head.

"Why is the last one that important?" I ask dumbfounded.

"It means the can't alpha  call you out against your will, but that also means that he could want to kill you, because he would think of you as dead weight."

"Lovely, anything else?" I ask rolling on top of him.

"Mates are very possessive over each other." He says before his lips crash to mine.

We pull away breathless and he says, "I should get going, and let you sleep." He starts to stand up, but I pull him back down and say, "Stay, please."

He doesn't say anything he just strips down to his boxers, and believe me when I say he is very hot. He climbs into the bed and gets under the covers. I grab the T.V. remote and turn it on to spongebob. I cut off the light and snuggle into my mate, and go asleep to the thudding of our hearts and of course spongebob squarepants.

~

I wake up to a cold bed and I know that Derek has left. I get dressed to go for a run and go down stairs.

As I go in the kitchen I get a banana and eat it before walking out the door and into the trials behind my house. 

I put my music on and start running. After a while of running I see cop cars at the Hale house. I creep up behind a familiar blue Jeep. I see Scott and I walk up behind him.

"What happened?" I asked once he noticed me.

"They are arresting Derek for murdering the girl that was found in the woods." He said in a rude tone before turning away from me.

I stood there as I see Derek being put into the sheriff's police car. I see Stiles walk over to the car and set in the front seat and turn towards my mate. I tune in on their conversation.

"You know I'm not scared of you." Stiles says even though it is a lie because his heart skipped a beat. "Okay I'm a little scared, but you can't hurt me. That girl she was different from you and Scott, wasn't she? Is that why you killed her?" He rushes out looking nervous.

"I'm not the one you should be worrying about if you don't stop Scott from playing in that game tonight." Derek says in his gruff tone.

I zone out of the conversation as I start to run off thinking about the fact my mate was now in jail as a suspect for murder.

~

It is later in the day as stop by mom's work to pick her up from work. I step off of the elevator and onto the floor she works on and I see her standing, next to her bag with yellow folder, waiting for me expectantly.