Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

It has been a week since the first night I spent with Derek. Let's just say I have been spending a lot of time at "Lydia's" house, I know I am a horrible child lying to my Mom almost every night, but she has no suspicions that I am not staying at Lydia's house, but at my boyfriend's house, and that Lydia is covering for me. Scott hasn't really spoken to me much since the night Derek and him fought, but he does know that I am staying at Derek's, and I know he doesn't approve of it.

Derek has been training me all week, leaving me tired after a days soccer practice, and a nights worth of training, but I don't complain, because most of the time Derek trains shirtless, and let me tell you that is very easy on the eyes. Most of the time him being shirtless leads to me being distracted, and that leads to a make out session and those are always fun, but that was last week. Right now we, Derek, and I, are tracking the alpha.

My feet pound on the ground at the same pace as Derek's. He comes to a stop, and kneels down on the ground. He touches a pool of blood, while I look around. I nudge him in the side when I see the alpha on top  of a building roof. Derek takes off running,  and I follow him until we reach a wall  he starts climbing the wall, and I follow him placing my hands and feet where he put his. When I reach the top there is a hand out. I take the hand and I am pulled up by Derek. We start running hand in hand, because there is about a fifteen foot gap between two buildings that I know I would barley make it over. We jump, and fall when something hit Derek. I hit the ground with a loud thump, and groan. My arm is throbbing. I crawl over to where Derek was sitting. He rolls up his shirt and I see a blueish smoke  coming out of a bullet wound. "Are you okay?" Derek asks me.

"Yeah, are you okay?" I ask.

"I'm fine, nothing a good nights sleep can't fix." He says lying through his teeth.

"Don't lie to me, why does my arm hurt so much?" I say wincing at the pain.

"Perks of mates." He says sarcastically standing up he winces and starts walking back to the car he parked a few blocks back. I stand up following him, and grab the arm that isn't hurt. We walk like that arm and arm all the way back to the car. I walk to the passenger side of the car and hop in. We drive back in silence, Derek doesn't even bother trying to hide his car, and parks it in front of the house. I get out and we walk upstairs, and Derek falls onto the bed.

"Derek do you have anything to clean the wound with?" I ask him.

"Under the bathroom sink." He says to me tiredly.

I run to the bathroom and get the kit out from under the sink. I run back into the room and sit on the bed. "Derek, baby, stay awake for me." I  say patting him on the face before opening the kit. I pull out the alcohol, a cotton swab and some gauze wrap. "Baby this is going to sting." I say before pressing a wet gauze covered in alcohol to the wound. We both wince, because we both feel it sting. After it is cleaned I wrap his arm in a the gauze wrap. Derek looks over at me. He smilies and holds out his good arm. I crawl over and lean into Derek's side, and he wraps his arm around me.

"Is it going to heal?" I ask Derek.

He looks at me and smiles, "Yes, it will heal." I immediately know he is lying, but I just nod and smile letting him think I believe him. "Let's just rest for a while maybe we will feel better."

"Okay." I say leaning over Derek trying not to touch his arm, and cut the light off allowing the darkness to fill the room. I lay there not sleeping until I hear Derek's breathing and heart go to a steady pace, and I know he is asleep. Only then I will allow myself to go into a cat's sleep.

And trust me it was not a peaceful sleep.

~

I wake up feeling twenty times worse than when I went to sleep, and I know that Derek must feel much worse than me. Thinking of Derek I shoot up, because he isn't in the bed beside me.

I slip out of the bed, and walk into every room in the house to see if I could find Derek. I walk back upstairs, and sit on the bed. I look over at the nightstand, and see a crumpled piece of paper. I pick it up to see a note written on it.

Ali,

      I went to find your brother, because in order for me to heal Scott has to get the bullet for me, from the Argent's house.

                                              ,Derek

I set down the letter and rush out to the small amount of clothes Derek has acquired from my stays. I pull on an old T-shirt and a pair of sweatpants. I grab my phone not bothering to grab anything else. I look at the time: 2:45. I start running to the school,  because school gets out in 15 minutes and Derek will most likely be  there looking for Scott.

~

When I show up at the school I am breathless. It is: 3:02. So I look for Scott, Stiles, or Derek. I see Scott next to the bike rack and I run over to him. "Scott have you seen Derek?" I ask wheezing.

"No, but why were you not at school? I know you have been staying at Derek's, but it is now effecting your school work, I might have to tell Mom." He tells me.

"I don't have time for this right now." I tell him starting to walk off. When I start walking cars start honking. I look up seeing Stiles's Jeep stopped causing a traffic jam. Scott runs past me. I follow him. I see Derek on the ground. I race over to him picking his head up and putting on my lap. "What the hell Stiles!" I say thinking he might have hit Derek.

"He just walked in front of the car!" Stiles says.

"What happened?" Scott ask urgently as even more car horns go off.

"I was shot." Derek says weakly.

"Why aren't you healing?" He asks.

"It was a different type of bullet." I explain. "Look Scott I need you to find out what type of bullet it was."

"How do I do that? Wait that was what she meant when she said he had 48 hours."

"You are going to Alison's today, a hunter shot him, so the rest of the bullets are at that house." I tell him, now worrying that I might lose my mate. People start getting out of their cars out of irritation.

"Okay, okay. Just get him into Stiles's car." Scott rushed out starting to help Derek into the Jeep. I help him in the car, after I get him in I crawl into the backseat. Stiles hops in the driver's side of the car, and drives off with me in the backseat leaving all my hope of having my mate live, with my brother.

-----------♥-----------

Hey guys I know don't tell me I know this is so short it is ridiculous, but now that is it Christmas and I am on break I will have tons of free time to write.

So the new idea I had worked very well so,

Votes~24

Reads~300

Comments~2