Chapter Eighteen

The Sheriff takes a seat beside my bed. My Mother leaves the room leaving me with my food in front of me. I start to eat slowly, as the questions start to roll out of the Sheriff's mouth. "Who attacked you?" He asks.

I pause thinking of a good answer that doesn't frame Derek, but not one that leads to Stilinksi believing that I am lying saying it wasn't Derek. "I didn't get a really good look at him, but it could have been him, I don't really know." I say.

"Do you know why the attacker would have attacked you? Was he targeting you?" He asks.

"I don't think that he was targeting me. I just think that I got in his way." I say, taking a sip of my water by my food tray.

"What did the attacker look like?" He asks writing everything down in his notepad.

"It was dark, so I couldn't really tell.  He had dark hair, but that is it." I let the lies roll out of my mouth just as fast as the Sheriff was asking the questions.

"Okay, I think that is all of the questions I need to ask you." He says telling my goodbye, before he walks out of the room.

As soon as he leaves a woman walks in the room. "Hello Alice, I am your doctor. I am just here to see how your wounds are doing." She says. She helps me stand up so I can take off my hospital gown. Once it is off she takes of the gauze covering them. She studies them. "They seem to be healing incredibly fast, you might get to have them taken out before you leave on Sunday." She says.

"Will I be able to play soccer soon?" I ask.

"I actually think that you shouldn't play anymore this season, to prevent anymore damage to you wounds." She says.

"Oh," I say sadly sitting on my bed after I put the gown back on.

"I think that you have some friends wanting to see you." She says bidding me goodbye for the day.

I hear feet shuffling and see that my friends are coming in the room. They file in, Lydia, Jackson, and Alison.

"Hey," I say smiling at them.

"Hey how are you?" Alison asks.

"I'm fine, they say I might get my stitches out on Sunday." I say.

"That's great!" Lydia says.

"Hey, we brought movies!" Jackson says pulling out a pile of movies from his bag. Alison takes a seat in one of the two chairs, and so does Jackson. Lydia sits beside me in my bed. We all sit there watching movies until Mom comes into the room and chases them out claiming I need beauty sleep. By that time it is already night time, and her shift is over.

"I will see you tomorrow!" She says handing me my tray of food and kisses me on the head before leaving.

"Love you!" I call after her. I eat and soon hear my window slide open and in climbed the very handsome Derek Hale.

~~

The days rush by as I am in the hospital. I have many visitors ranging from, Danny to Coach, during the day, but the nights are owned by my mate. Him laying by my side once he knows it won't hurt me.

By the time Sunday comes, I have already gotten my stiches out. I am in the car arguing with my mother. "Mom! I have to go to school tomorrow, there is a huge test!" I say.

"Okay, but if you hurt yourself I am not taking you to the hospital." She says.

"Got it Mom!" I say smiling that I won this battle.

"Get into bed you need to be well rested! Oh and Scott is staying with Stiles tonight." She says. "I have to take the night shift tonight so I need to get back to work." She says pulling up to the house. I hop out smiling.