Chapter 12: The Spark and The Fire

(Blake)

Yang was still sitting in the chair by my bed as she was bent forward so she could rest her head on her arms by my head. Yang slept peacefully for once as she slept without dreaming. I was in a world of peace and dreams of Yang. We had slept past noon, though to be fair, neither of us had been getting any amount of sleep since the events of yesterday.

I stirred awake slowly as I took in the familiar white room with machines and tubes everywhere as there was a small table by my bed and a small TV in the corner of the room. I then looked over at Yang as a small smile formed on my face. I took in Yang's wild golden mane, which was wilder from sleep. I then took in Yang's peaceful expression, knowing the hell she had been going through for the last 24 hours because of me.

Which only caused the smile to slip, feeling guilty and awful for being such a burden. She already went through enough with me, with what happened in Vale up to me running away. 

I frowned as I whispered, "no matter how much I put you through, you still are here." 

I knew that what has happened recently might have pushed Yang farther away. This sent a pang through my heart, and I didn't want to keep pushing Yang away, I was in love with her. But I also didn't know how to let Yang in, for I was scared of what it may cause with Adam lurking around every corner.

  I sigh as I turned my head away from Yang, I didn't even notice that Yang had woken up and was watching me. 

Yang softly smiled as she said," you shouldn't frown. It will give you wrinkles." 

I jumped as I brought my attention back to Yang. Yang continued," Morning, Blakey, how was your cat nap?" 

Yang smirks as I glared at her. Yang snickers as she said," awe, don't glare at me. I think someone needs some catnip, eh?" 

I rolled my eyes as I inquired, "how was your sleep?"

Yang said," it was pleasant. I am at rest knowing that you are by me where I can protect you."

I simply blushed again lightly, trying to sound sarcastic as I countered," I feel better knowing that I am safe."

Yang chuckled but then got serious, sounding worried when she spoke, "so why were you upset earlier?"

I looked away as I said," its nothing, I was just thinking of something." 

Yang said, "Blake, don't pull that on me. I know better, please tell me. You know that you can tell me anything." 

I said, "it doesn't matter. Don't worry about it." 

Yang sits up as she says," I know it's something dammit. Blake, I care deeply about you, and it hurts me to see you upset over something, and you won't open up about it."

I took a deep breath as I timidly said, looking everywhere but at her nervously, "I was thinking about how much I have put you through and how I could never deserve you. How you are still here despite it all. Despite having Adam, who knows where hatching some way to get back at us."

Yang looks away for a while before looking back at me, suddenly growing older it seemed when she spoke.

"Blake, you gotta realize something. All of us hunters and huntresses have a choice, an option to do the right thing, and how we want to do it. So as friends and allies, we have a right to be there and risk what we want to risk for you, whether you like it or not. All of what we have been through, even as an individual, falls on us, not just you."

I was speechless for a moment, not knowing how to react to that. But with further contemplation, I realized Yang was right. Deep down, I knew that what happened to Yang back at Beacon wasn't my fault, for she knew what she was doing. 

"I just can't help but blame myself, Yang. It's as though whenever you are around me, something bad happens. And I care so much about you that when something does happen, it hurts me too."

Yang warmly smiled and cupped my cheek as she said softly, " I know that Blake. I know that's why you ran away. But if we want to get through this, all of it, we have to stick together. We are much better together than apart, don't you agree?"

I became flustered and averted my gaze as I said admittedly, "I know you're right. I guess I have to work on being a better friend." I forced a smile, I didn't want to be just friends, but I believed that Yang couldn't possibly feel the same way.

Yang pulled my chin to face her as she said," Blake, I don't want to be just friends.'' 

I took this in as I blushed even more profoundly as I whispered back," I don't want to be just friends either."

Yang smiled and kissed me lightly on the lips. I couldn't help but gasp and freeze in shock before kissing her back hesitantly and softly. The kiss seemed to explode fireworks in my head, making me feel light-headed and warm. It was like I had been drowning for so long and finally came up for air. It left me breathless and dizzy with happiness.

Yang pulled away first as she smiled proudly, saying exuberantly, "you are finally mine Blake Belladonna, or should I say, " meow" you're mine."